Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i almost manage to do it. but i spoilt it because of my experiment i am looking way to add speed camera poi.

i has cheap (10usd) china map that i purchased to test whether my GLA come with navigation feature. and it has.

earlier this year i manage to get map pilot for my country(very hard to find). i have back it up in my computer just incase i need to restore it.

today, i purposely restore my country map onto china sd card. it overwrite it with my country map and give me an update, once. i tried second update, it telling me to use it first in my car.

i insert it on my car, and it works..!
then i thought some "clever" idea. why not copy speedcamera poi into the card.
well... its bad idea. my car reported the cd corrupted. i deleted the speedcamera poi and try again, it still says corrupted card.

on computer the mecedes manager app says it still need to use it firsd in the car.... and the app quit. so i am stuck, not able to restore and not able to use it.

i think theres some file that i need to delete so that i can restore back the map.

any idea? my original sd card map still work.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
143 Posts
The name SD stands for Secure Digital. It has a special area reserved on the card that verifies the authenticity of the content of the card. Any modification to the card will invalidate the authenticity check. There is no way to restore such card without special equipment.

·
642 Posts
As the SD card is no longer usable in the current state

Maybe format the SD card and then do a restore from the original backup file.

Another possibility is to copy the good SD card to the hard drive and then copy it to the blank SD card.

The worst thing you will have a blank SD card to store other files on.

·
Super Moderator
412 Posts
I use an overwritten SD card for in-vehicle music via the excellent "Export for iTunes" App to transfer from Mac to SD.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
ya... look like i got my self extra sd card now

manage to restore the sd card and car unit can read it. except it says map cannot be unlock. donno what it mean

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts