Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2015 GLA250 that was a dealer demo with 5K miles. It did not have the original window sticker but I knew the MSRP. I was able to able to negotiate a deal with an 18% discount off the $45,200 MSRP.
The next day I was able to find online the datacard(build card) for my car. Turned out my car was suppose to have the optional light poplar wood trim instead of the antracite trim that it had. I contacted my dealer and he offered to refund the $325 cost of the poplar trim. I said that I would rather have the wood trim. The dealer ordered and installed the poplar trim. I contacted MBUSA and told the representative that I was concerned with what appeared to be a lack of attention to detail and poor quality assurance in the Mercedes Benz manufacturing process. The representative apologized and gave me a $100 service credit for my my trouble.
Make sure you receive what you paid for.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
The next day I was able to find online the datacard(build card) for my car. Turned out my car was suppose to have the optional light poplar wood trim instead of the antracite trim that it had. I contacted my dealer and he offered to refund the $325 cost of the poplar trim.
How or where did you find that data or build card? Excellent post, something I'd not have thought of.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I recently purchased a 2015 GLA250 that was a dealer demo with 5K miles. It did not have the original window sticker but I knew the MSRP. I was able to able to negotiate a deal with an 18% discount off the $45,200 MSRP.
The next day I was able to find online the datacard(build card) for my car. Turned out my car was suppose to have the optional light poplar wood trim instead of the antracite trim that it had. I contacted my dealer and he offered to refund the $325 cost of the poplar trim. I said that I would rather have the wood trim. The dealer ordered and installed the poplar trim. I contacted MBUSA and told the representative that I was concerned with what appeared to be a lack of attention to detail and poor quality assurance in the Mercedes Benz manufacturing process. The representative apologized and gave me a $100 service credit for my my trouble.
Make sure you receive what you paid for.
Agree nice post, I was able to get a similar deal on 2015 GLA with 10,500 miles pre owned, CPO. Congratulations!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got my complete build to double check the details at this website:

carinfo.kiev.ua/cars/vin/mercedes/vin_check

I ordered my car and checked all the details before it even arrived in the U.S.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.