Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if the option to prepay for the scheduled maintenance is a good deal. The listed price for 4 years is $1250 but the disclaimer says it varies from dealer to dealer. It does not say what is covered for $1250. any experience with this?
I found an estimate of yearly maintenance costs for the CLA. Notice a big jump in year three.
1.$397 2.$678 3.$3,260 4.$1,067 5.$448
= total for 5 years=$5,851

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
The reason for the big jump in year three is the 30K/36 month maintenance is more involved than 10K and 20K, which aren't much more than an oil change. Your owners manual will explain the difference.

I opted to buy the maintenance plan. Didn't think to negotiate price. From what I've seen in other posts on this site, the maintenance price is negotiable.

After the warranty is up, I'll revert to doing my own maintenance.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Oil change can be performed by ANY good euro Independent shop for much cheaper than a dealership.

Changing sparkplugs would be SIMPLE on this little engine to either do yourself or take to an indy.

What else is there to do? In 40,000-50,000 miles might need to service the transmission, which can be done by an indy. I've serviced my AMG's that way, however, I will say, some Benz dealers don't charge over $500 for a transmission fluid swap.

It's hard for me to imagine the 'need' for these service packs.

Again, I would take the cost of the maintenance plan, put into a savings account, and dip into it IF I need it. If I don't use it all up, then I've just saved a bit of cash.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the website does not give the breakdown but I would insist on one if I decided to go with that program. It looks like not such a good deal.

·
Registered
9 Posts
On that subject... Is the maintenance on the AMG version same as the non-AMG?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm happy with paying $1,200 for four year's pre-paid maintenance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My first trip to the dealer for an oil change cost me 160.00! To me that is robbery. Mobil one and an oil filter for 160.00? Can any of you justify this, the service writer says, "It must be expensive oil." I'm a dumbass for payin it but they wiil not get my business again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The prepaid maintenance is a BAD deal if you have a trusted non-dealer mechanic, who can do the service just fine.

The prepaid maintenance is a GOOD deal if you PURCHASE your car and you plan to go to dealer for all service.

The prepaid maintenance is a GREAT deal if you LEASE your car and you plan to go to dealer for all service.

The prepaid maintenance increases the dealer's estimated end value of your car (residual) of your car, and e.g. lowers your payments. For example, the prepaid maintenance for my car was $975 for three years, but only increased total monthly payments (3 years) by about $400. I'm not sure if you can negotiate the prepaid maintenance directly. I also think each dealer group may have a different pricing model/structure.

While I have a GLA250, I know the maintenance for the AMG GLA45 is more expensive. There are one or two services that are required specifically for the AMG.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I got a quote of $450 for a B service week before last from my dealer in Upstate NY.

·
Registered
880 Posts
please mention your model when posting $$ quotes.

Also FYI prepaid maintenance does not include brakes. Kinda miss BMWs 4yr/50k just pay for tires and gas maintenance

·
Registered
608 Posts
please mention your model when posting $$ quotes.

Also FYI prepaid maintenance does not include brakes. Kinda miss BMWs 4yr/50k just pay for tires and gas maintenance
I got a quote of $250 for the A service-2015 GLA250 FWD. I had my BMW until a few days short of 4 years. Even though the maintenance included brakes, it didn't matter, because I didn't need them. It was nice to have the service included, but it was bad in a way, because if you have a local guy you trust, you probably won't use him.

·
623 Posts
Dealers each have their own prices for their service. There is one good thing going to a dealer versus non dealer. MB like some other car manufacturers will have service campaigns that they will do free of charge. A service campaign are things the manufacture have decided is an improvement in the car. It is not a safety item as that would be a recall. Many times it can be an up date in firmware or can be a replacement in a part that could be problem. Have had other MB cars that the dealer has done service campaigns over the years.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts