Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was at my local dealership getting my recall fix done and at the same time have them check on my AC blowing hot air with Eco enabled while my car is in motion and goes away when Eco is disabled/off while still in motion.

The advisor called and said, they can’t do any investigation of the issue unless I replace my main battery because there isn’t enough voltage to diagnose ‘everything’.

The battery plus labor and tax is $345.58. Is this believable!? I promptly declined, sorry but a Mercedes branded battery isn’t going to be any different from a Bosch or a Duralast in my opinion, and it’s half the price and free install.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
622 Posts
You have a 2016, they come with a 4 year factory warrant or 50k miles which should cover the battery if the car has been inservice for less than 4 years and under 50k. I have a 2016 and the dealer has replace both batteries in my GLA, the main battery and the ECO battery. In fact think the ECO has been replaced twice.

If not covered than buy a battery somewhere else if you can get it for less. You need to find out which battery they are saying is need of replacing. I would suspect the ECO battery which is about the size of a motorbike battery or smaller and it is located in the passenger footwell under the carpet and trap door. This battery going bad is a common problem and MB has some software updates to fix the problem. The battery for the ECO is chargeable as the dealer did that the first time I had a problem with the ECO system but did not last long.

Reactions: firstdown80

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have a 2016, they come with a 4 year factory warrant or 50k miles which should cover the battery if the car has been inservice for less than 4 years and under 50k. I have a 2016 and the dealer has replace both batteries in my GLA, the main battery and the ECO battery. In fact think the ECO has been replaced twice.

If not covered than buy a battery somewhere else if you can get it for less. You need to find out which battery they are saying is need of replacing. I would suspect the ECO battery which is about the size of a motorbike battery or smaller and it is located in the passenger footwell under the carpet and trap door. This battery going bad is a common problem and MB has some software updates to fix the problem. The battery for the ECO is chargeable as the dealer did that the first time I had a problem with the ECO system but did not last long.
They said its the main battery. So I am getting a Champion or Bosch at Pep Boys for $200. I drive alot and its over 60K now.

I got to take it back to the dealership to get the Eco & AC sorted out and i just realized that they didn't put the center console left trimmings back properly.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

·
622 Posts
60K that puts you over. The ECO might be covered under a service campaign if it is software update needed to fix. If it is Service campaigns should be no charge.

Good luck

Reactions: firstdown80
1 - 5 of 5 Posts