Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I’m new to this but wanted to see if anyone else is having similar issues to me, I can’t seem to get comfortable in my Gla 220d 16plate my lower back starts to hurt not long after driving I’ve tried many different seating positions but nothing seems to work, I can’t believe a 18k+ car seats do not have lumbar support? Unless I’m being stupid I can’t see to see anything, has anyone else had this issue? And if so what did you do to help it, I’m 6ft3 so I don’t know if it’s because of how tall I am but it’s really becoming a problem now I haven’t had the car long and considering getting rid already unfortunately /:

·
Super Moderator
870 Posts
You did not state if seats are power or manual. The US manual on page 106 has instructions for the lumbar support. Maybe the UK models are the same and you might have miss this adjustment. Hard to see unless you are looking for it.

Attachments

Reactions: Wayne

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You did not state if seats are power or manual. The US manual on page 106 has instructions for the lumbar support. Maybe the UK models are the same and you might have miss this adjustment. Hard to see unless you are looking for it.

View attachment 27001

View attachment 27001
Hi, thanks for responding with this info i appreciate it I haven’t noticed that adjustment on the side of my seats, I have manual adjustment on my bucket seats, I was considering trying to find someone who would swap for the standard leather seats but this would devalue the car👎

·
Super Moderator
870 Posts
Hi, thanks for responding with this info i appreciate it I haven’t noticed that adjustment on the side of my seats, I have manual adjustment on my bucket seats, I was considering trying to find someone who would swap for the standard leather seats but this would devalue the car👎
I find myself forgetting about that adjustment. Guess you set it and forget it.

·
Super Moderator
1,952 Posts
Lumbar supports in most cars I have had this feature in tend to auto adjust over time and require resetting occasionally.

·
Super Moderator
710 Posts
Yes, I too have had some vehicles where the lumbar support by design automatically shifts a bit on long drives so as to alleviate a constant pressure point.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts