Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love reading all the posts showing fantastic MPG, but 90%+ of my driving is city and I'm in FL with the A/C blowing hard always. Nearly 3000 miles on the GLA now and consistently each tank only 18-19 MPG, even driving conservatively most of the time... anyone else seeing MPG under 20?? (Yes, I've been to the dealership already, as there was a software update for a different issue, but they assured me that nothing was wrong with the vehicle.)
:crying:

·
Super Moderator
378 Posts
I last reset the Average MPG 8000 miles ago. It is now reading 29.4 MPG for a mix of city and highway.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yeah, when I just get going and have to stop every block and go up the big hill near my house the reading is really low, like 17mpg but soon enough it gets a little better and I'm seeing low 20's around town and high 20s if I hit the highway at all. I'll break 30 if I have to actually cover some miles on the highway.
I don't run the AC which besides taking some power would also prevent the Eco start/stop from doing it's thing, so I don't think your numbers are totally out of line. It's just the reality of driving something that isn't a hybrid around town. Your mileage is going to suffer. On the plus side, it's a much more fun car to drive than a Prius!

·
Registered
470 Posts
That seems normal.

Keep in mind that mines the 45:

Me when mostly highways and no traffic even on Sport (rare occasions)...

but on my daily with stop and go traffic on the hwy and city in Comfort mode...

·
Registered
470 Posts
radio and nav and that is pretty much it

·
Super Moderator
378 Posts
Aside from A/C what other accessories are you guys using while getting those MPG numbers?
Radio, Nav, power window, sun roof, heated seats during the winter, power seat, headlights, etc. I don't see much difference regardless of what accessories I'm using.

Biggest drop in MPG occurs if I switch to sport mode and romp on it. That's kind of rare for me. If I'd bought the AMG instead of the GLA250 I'd do it more. But, I have a Porsche to play with.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
With the M3, I knew what to expect (12.8 MPG, and I'm happy with that!), but I traded in my ML430 (13 MPG) with the hopes of getting double that with the GLA. As I mentioned in the beginning of this thread, I'm only seeing 18-19 MPG, but nearly all city driving and the A/C blowing hard. However, it has finally cooled a bit (no longer in the mid 90's) here, so for the past 2 days I've driven without the A/C most of the time and I'm seeing 3-4 more MPG... I thought I'd only see a 10% improvement, but this is closer to 15-20%... maybe because it's slow city driving? I'd expect if I were driving mostly highway, where the higher speeds and better aerodynamics of the car offer a much better MPG I might only see a 10% advantage without A/C. Does anyone know what the actual difference should be with vs. without the A/C running??

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
My worst tankful was 14.65 mpg @ 1,188 miles on the odo.
My best tankful was 26.26 mpg @ 6,719 miles on the odo.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just set my new low mpg..........on purpose. I drove in sport mode exclusively except for about 30 of highway miles 23.9. I was wasteful and pretty fun.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts