Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I venture having a set made (have a well known company willing to make up a full set of low dust/street performance brake pads) does anyone know of a company already making low dust/performance brake pads for the GLA45?
Thanks

·
Registered
694 Posts
Do you guys think there's a chance that pads which work on another benz would work on the GLA.... like the CLA?

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately, no luck in finding the pads, but Hawk and Porterfield have both indicated that they are considering pads for the GLA 45. And yes it looks like the CLA models (US Spec) do work for the GLA 45 and GLA 250

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Forgot to mention that Renntech does have a racing pad available for the GLA 45, but these are not for street use and will be very noisy

·
Registered
48 Posts
Any updates? I just finished a 3000 mile trip in my 16 GLA45, had to clean off major brake dust repeatedly. And I'm easy on brakes! It's my only dissatisfaction with the car.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just found that Hawk Brakes have released (2) brake pad types for the GLA45: High Performance Street 5.0 and Performance Ceramic. Will talk to them tomorrow about the pads (making sure they come with the brake wear sensor connection) and also see if they have pads available for the GLA250.

Reactions: rrrichsmith

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Well, spoke to Hawk and not so good results
-They have the Hawk pads only for the rear brakes of the GLA45/CLA45
-Front pads are in a design que…no projected date for production. Did say if they get calls for the pads then they would move up the que
-NO pads for the GLA250/CLA250

Reactions: rrrichsmith

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well, spoke to Hawk and not so good results
-They have the Hawk pads only for the rear brakes of the GLA45/CLA45
-Front pads are in a design sue…no projected date for production. Did say if they get calls for the pads then they would move up the que
-NO pads for the GLA250/CLA250
Bad news but thanks for the effort of doing that research, much appreciated.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Brembo in australia do replacement pads front and rear i found out today.... so ceramics from other vendors can't be far away

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Brembo US shows nothing for the GLA/CLA…interesting how same company has different product lines for different countries :|

I did find today that Disc Italia has Hyper Ceramic and Titanium Kevlar pads for the GLA45…but front only, but they have the same types of pads for both front and rear for the GLA250.

Disc Italia is a solid company that produces high quality direct fit (including brake wear sensor mount sites) performance pads.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Brembo US shows nothing for the GLA/CLA…interesting how same company has different product lines for different countries :|

I did find today that Disc Italia has Hyper Ceramic and Titanium Kevlar pads for the GLA45…but front only, but they have the same types of pads for both front and rear for the GLA250.

Disc Italia is a solid company that produces high quality direct fit (including brake wear sensor mount sites) performance pads.
Thanks for the info,

You had the 45 for a while now, have you had to change the pads yet? I notice mine dust an awful lot but could be because of break in?

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The main reason for my search for aftermarket brake pads is the DUST…of course I want a pad that equals or exceeds OEM brake pad performance. Every Benz I have owned none have had the OEM pads on for a year.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts