Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in purchasing roof rail racks that will also allow the sunroof to open and close without getting in the way....

·
Registered
816 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
You can open the sunroof with the MB racks if you cut off the two little rubber bumpers that stick out on the front rack. Takes two seconds with a utility knife or big scissors might even be enough.

·
Registered
182 Posts
can you post pics of what you cut on the factory roof rack/rail to allow sunroof operation ?
Sure, might be hard to tell on these photos, but it's the little bumper that sticks out at the bottom over the sunroof. It's only there to stop the sunroof from opening. I guess MB was afraid that people would open the roof all the way into the back rack mounts or into whatever they were carrying on the rack. The roof can bump up against the back mounts if you don't put them all the way back, but it just stops when it goes that far. ...or you could remember to stop it from opening all the way by pressing the button before it hits!

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sure, might be hard to tell on these photos, but it's the little bumper that sticks out at the bottom over the sunroof. It's only there to stop the sunroof from opening. I guess MB was afraid that people would open the roof all the way into the back rack mounts or into whatever they were carrying on the rack. The roof can bump up against the back mounts if you don't put them all the way back, but it just stops when it goes that far. ...or you could remember to stop it from opening all the way by pressing the button before it hits!
thanks for the help and pics!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.