Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like a 2018-2019 as loaded as possible if anyone is looking to get out of theirs. Let me know if you need to move your car

·
Registered
196 Posts
Just curious, why 2018-2019?
I've got a hard-loaded original MSRP $69.8k 2016, currently 16k miles, exclusively serviced at MB with all records. I'm not ready to sell at this time but just curious of your rationale. GLWB ;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just curious, why 2018-2019?
I've got a hard-loaded original MSRP $69.8k 2016, currently 16k miles, exclusively serviced at MB with all records. I'm not ready to sell at this time but just curious of your rationale. GLWB ;)
I guess those years aren’t super super important but I know I’ll be able to chase down a lower mileage option in that spectrum. Let me know if you want to let yours go.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I guess those years aren’t super super important but I know I’ll be able to chase down a lower mileage option in that spectrum. Let me know if you want to let yours go.
Cool - yeah do keep in mind the depreciation on these is really horrible the first couple years. I'm like you, always looking to buy in the 1-2yo range, but I think there are a lot of these out there like ours with super low mileage and you may as well let current owners get slammed with depreciation. I'd shop more based on mileage and packages in the 2016-2018 range, trying to stay under say 25-30k miles. Your cost of ownership will be minimized. Let us know what you find!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Oh, and one more thing.... I do a lot of car shopping and ultimately found my Tesla on cargurus.com ..... I used all the platforms while shopping and liked that one the best... no stale listings or cross-posts and kinda has a blue-book value thing built into it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool - yeah do keep in mind the depreciation on these is really horrible the first couple years. I'm like you, always looking to buy in the 1-2yo range, but I think there are a lot of these out there like ours with super low mileage and you may as well let current owners get slammed with depreciation. I'd shop more based on mileage and packages in the 2016-2018 range, trying to stay under say 25-30k miles. Your cost of ownership will be minimized. Let us know what you find!
If the GLA has race on the knob it has the LSD am I correct?

·
Super Moderator
1,662 Posts
I studied the DOG (Dealer Order Guide) for the 2017 as we decided how to build Pam's car. I know the DOG changes year to year and country to country. I am cautious to make claims about different years or countries.

For instance, things available in Canada that year that could not be ordered in the USA included under front seat bins (we could order the parts here and install them ourselves but we could not order them on our cars), folding side mirrors, rear LSD, and more. OTOH, Canada could not order remote start due to problems with licensing wifi in that country.

The best way to be sure of what a car has is to look at the original window sticker. The next best thing to do is look at a VIN identifier app.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts