Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

How do you guys handle long road trips, possibly to remote locations where there is no repair of run flats or no available run flats to purchase?

I want to drive my GLA from South Texas to New Mexico but I am concerned about not having a spare and maybe not too many places to repair the tire or buy a new one.

Any advice?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Bring the stuff you need with you. A tire patch kit or a complete spare tire. Not much you can do other than that. Well, you can also try not to get a flat tire on the way too. :)

·
Registered
246 Posts
First, do you have run flats? Second, patch kit is inferior to a full size spare. Swing the spare if you can...

but you will be sacrificing space...

·
Registered
295 Posts
Bring the stuff you need with you. A tire patch kit or a complete spare tire. Not much you can do other than that. Well, you can also try not to get a flat tire on the way too. :)
Avoiding getting a flat can be done to some extent, some people i have observed fail to observe the road. I probably observe way more than your average driver and not once got a flat.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks!

I have run flats. Will the patch kit work with run flats? Will it damage the pressure sensors?

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
I just completed a 3000 mile round trip between Indianapolis and Key West. I never gave my run flats a second thought. No problems.

Reactions: A.T.L.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I plan on getting a full size spare to carry on long road trips. I may get a patch kit to carry for shorter trips...but I need to research run-flats.

Question....do we get an alert from the car if the pressure drops in the tire? Otherwise, what's the point of the pressure sensors if we don't get a warning?

·
Registered
295 Posts
I just completed a 3000 mile round trip between Indianapolis and Key West. I never gave my run flats a second thought. No problems.
Not bad at all
Hopefully you don't come across any issue with them or ever come across a time where you'll need to have them replaced due to a horrible puncture.

·
Registered
144 Posts
First, do you have run flats? Second, patch kit is inferior to a full size spare. Swing the spare if you can...

but you will be sacrificing space...

I have the spare wheel sitting in the garage and i really ought to get it mounted etc but wrapping it in a garbage bag and tie downs seems a bit inelagant. That ^ setup looks right, where did you get that?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts