Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A message on my display stated the license plate light needed to be replace. My license plate light went out last year in November. When I asked the dealers in regards to this he said it was due to corrosion. He told me that last year they only replaced right light and left one is burned out. He told me it would cost about $200 to replace the light. I told him no. I will go else where. Is it common for this light to go out or is there an underline factor? Is anyone else having this issue?

·
Super Moderator
298 Posts
It's one of those items that's very dependent on environment (garaged or not, near the ocean, etc.) and alas is an ol' school incandescent. It would have been nice if they went with an LED but some Benz beancounter likely wouldn't go for it. 'course even with a lifetime LED there could still occur some corrosion in the circuit. Anyway, just one of those maintenance things. The part is inexpensive but of course the Benz labor rate is high.

A message on my display stated the license plate light needed to be replace. My license plate light went out last year in November. When I asked the dealers in regards to this he said it was due to corrosion. He told me that last year they only replaced right light and left one is burned out. He told me it would cost about $200 to replace the light. I told him no. I will go else where. Is it common for this light to go out or is there an underline factor? Is anyone else having this issue?

·
598 Posts
You do not state model year and location. In the US it has a 4-year warranty that should cover a replacement.

I suggest you update your profile.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a question how do you remove the plastic panel inside the trunk line to get access to the license plate bulbs I appreciate any help thank you very much?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts