Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Surely we would all like our GLA body style to be current for as long as possible. That being presumed, how long will it last? The current style was introduced in Europe as a 2014 model but as a concept (GLA45AMG) in 2013, therefore the 2015 introduction in the US made it two to three years old already. If the style runs for six years worldwide, it would only mean five model years (depending on how you count) for the US. Maybe if it is popular it will run for seven years worldwide therefore six years in the US. But then again, are US sales meeting the forecasts at apx. 2,000 units a month? Might it be discontinued in the US earlier if it doesn't sell well? Will the opening of a Brazil production facility for the GLA in 2016 bode for a longer worldwide run and possible longer US run?

Anybody got any thoughts?

·
Registered
470 Posts
I do feel the front fascia has been a lot older for the GLA45 at least just because it has been use on the A-Class and CLA and it also doesn't help that the CLAs are all over the place (in the US at least, can't go a mile without seeing one).

It's still an overall good design though body-wise but reviews has been somewhat 50/50, the 250 version still looks like a raised hatch than an small SUV.

A refresh on the A-Class is due later this year and it'll likely be adapted to the GLA next year (or a year after that) but in the end, MB could mess up the new look? Features will likely be better (read in another forum that keyless go might be part of the premium package next year) but look-wise, I think it'll be a real minor change and that just doesn't guarantee it'll look better. In the US I think it won't be too big of a deal because many here do not really bother checking what else is offered outside the country and wouldn't be surprised if majority doesn't even know the A-Class exist.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I think that they will change it up by 2020. Seems to me that it will be kinda dated by then. I wonder how the fact that the body is basically being shared with Infiniti plays into this.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I wouldn't expect it to be discontinued given the current state of the auto industry. If they did, there would be another model that would fill in the blank. I agree that a 2019 or 2020 redesign sounds right to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts