Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and thanks for your time. Has anyone replaced the door lamps with LED projector lamps? If so did you purchase them through Mercedes or buy an aftermarket product? Easy to do? Did they work? Photos?

·
Registered
1,412 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
Easy to change out but not all are of equal quality.

I bought MB OEM projectors for Pam's 45. They were pricey. She liked them enough that she wanted me to buy some for my 997.2.

So I bought some cheap ones.

Pam's still show the MB logo perfectly.

If you're serious spend the money.

My aftermarket (Chinese knock offs) merely show a splotch of light as the logo has fully distorted.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I bought the ones with the MB logo on Ebay. You just remove the old unit and install the new unit. They just pop out and back in, no screws or bolts. I had them for over 6 months on my 2019 GLA and work great.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ditto - ebay

Bought mine on ebay,
https://www.ebay.com/itm/233286776525
I wanted the "traditional" Mercedes shield.
I find the projection to be pretty crisp and clear and well worth the $17 I paid for them.
I giggle every time I open the car in the garage.
My neighbor, Phil, does not like them (he drives a Toyota Yaris -- he feels the Mercedes logo projection is "obnoxious" -- note, if you look for ghost lights for Toyota Yaris' you won't find any, so he;s clearly a typical Toyota Yaris owner ;)

Why Mercedes does not include these as part of every single car they sell is beyond me. It was really annoying to have to buy the aftermarket.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts