Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, it’s me again. I love my GLA but the only feature I don’t like is the stock halogen yellowish bulbs it comes with. I’ve been searching online for weeks now on what bulbs fit for low beam and high beam LED replacement and if adaptors are needed. But it seems the deeper I search the more confused I become because everyone just has different opinions and experiences. I’m looking for a good kit that won’t cause issues in the long run and look great. Thanks.

·
Registered
223 Posts
The number one criteria for our 2018 GLA purchase was LED headlights, as my wife similarly hated the yellowish relatively low intensity halogen in her prior Caddy ATS. We finally found one so equipped a couple states distant, so at that point in Feb 2018 it was somewhat rare (Accessory Code 632 for the static LED headlights). Benz was a bit late to the LED headlight game to be sure, at least in the GLA.
You may want to contact your dealership parts dept with your VIN just to get ballpark insight on what it would take for such a conversion. I dare say it's far more significant an undertaking than just bulbs, with new sealed units and adapters more likely.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Didn't mean to be a Debbie Downer. Hopefully it is as easy as swapping the respective bulbs into the existing headlamp modules. It's just that the LED static headlamp option on my 2018 was MSRP $850 so that would seem to be more than upgraded bulbs. Again a call to your MB parts dept may be helpful.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
26 Posts
The number one criteria for our 2018 GLA purchase was LED headlights, as my wife similarly hated the yellowish relatively low intensity halogen in her prior Caddy ATS. We finally found one so equipped a couple states distant, so at that point in Feb 2018 it was somewhat rare (Accessory Code 632 for the static LED headlights). Benz was a bit late to the LED headlight game to be sure, at least in the GLA.
You may want to contact your dealership parts dept with your VIN just to get ballpark insight on what it would take for such a conversion. I dare say it's far more significant an undertaking than just bulbs, with new sealed units and adapters more likely.
It’s about 1500 $ per headlight per my dealership in CT. But I found aftermarket ones for 900$ they are just on back order because everyone is buying them lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts