Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The intro is a little late but I guess I should send this out since I just picked up a GLA250 today... :)

A bit crazy as it sounds I wasn't planning on getting a GLA right now. In fact I'm traveling with my family across the state at my in-laws. I just happened to have had to drive separately on this trip and decided to visit the local dealer. After a couple days of talking numbers I walked out with a shiny new grey GLA250 and couldn't be happier. Still a little stunned at the turn of events but am super happy with the dealer, the terms and, most importantly, the GLA.

Now I just need to mediate the kids and their discussions as to who is riding with me on the way back home... :)

P.S. I'm from the Pacific Northwest (Washington).

Erik

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I'm pretty excited and am still working through configuring the settings and learning the COMMAND interface. I will see if I can post some pics tonight once I drive back home and am in front of the PC. If I have a chance I'll try the car out on some snow/dirt trails as I have to head across a mountain pass and can detour through some forested areas. It just depends on the time we start heading out of town. Until then here is the build info:
- Premium package
- Multimedia package
- Sports package
- Panorama sunroof
- Bi-Xenon

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As promised here are some pics I took on my drive back home last night.

I managed to pull off the freeway on a couple different passes and a ski park. In the snow the car handled surprisingly well. I took it through about 4 in (10 cm) of snow and it never had an issue. After some playing around and testing different conditions (ice, packed snow, loose snow) I was pretty surprised at how well the care handled. I then pushed it a bit harder and tried going up a bit of an incline in the snow (last pic below). Here I had a little trouble and there was some slipping. Unfortunately, I couldn't test this out too much as a couple other cars had pulled in around me.

All-in-all the trip back was a lot of fun and I am very thrilled with the car's capabilities.

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
As promised here are some pics I took on my drive back home last night.

I managed to pull off the freeway on a couple different passes and a ski park. In the snow the car handled surprisingly well. I took it through about 4 in (10 cm) of snow and it never had an issue. After some playing around and testing different conditions (ice, packed snow, loose snow) I was pretty surprised at how well the care handled. I then pushed it a bit harder and tried going up a bit of an incline in the snow (last pic below). Here I had a little trouble and there was some slipping. Unfortunately, I couldn't test this out too much as a couple other cars had pulled in around me.

All-in-all the trip back was a lot of fun and I am very thrilled with the car's capabilities.
It looks great in the snow.... would look even better playing around in the snow... a little sideways action ;)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Big fan of the color that you chose. Great to see that the GLA is actually capable in the snow, since it is supposed to be according to the commercials that I saw.

Looking forward to hearing more from you in the future.

Cheers!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts