Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know.....with 'keyless go'.....can I just put my foot under the rear bumper and the hatch opens?

thanks, Randall

·
Registered
816 Posts
In the technical description of 'Keyless Go' on the MB website, there is no mention of that feature being a component of Keyless Go.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Well how exactly does the 'Keyless Go" work?

Cheers
It allows you to open & lock the door and adds a push to start button so you don't have to remove the keys from your pocket which is real handy and I do think it should be standard, especially on the AMG version considering much cheaper vehicles has them like Chevy Cruz, Honda Accord, Hyundai Sonata, etc...

·
Registered
816 Posts
From the Mercedes Benz web site>>>

A leap in ease and efficiency pioneered by Mercedes-Benz, KEYLESS-GO® lets you unlock, start and drive away without removing the SmartKey from your pocket or purse. You can lock and unlock the doors with a touch of the exterior handles, and start the engine by stepping on the brake pedal and pushing the Start/Stop button on the dashboard. You can also start the vehicle in the conventional way by removing the Start/Stop button and inserting the SmartKey into the ignition.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Oh how I wished my GLA comes with Keyless-Go from the start!

Don't understand why it is not considered standard when they first launched the car.

·
Registered
470 Posts
It's not even an option right now, I believe they are going to add it for the next MY.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My vehicle was manufactured in Nov 2014 and KeylessGo comes standard. I believe from then onwards all GLA45 comes with KeylessGo as standard, here i n Aust as far as I know.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Not standard in US. Optional. I have it it mine and I took delivery in Dec 2014.
I can confirm optional for US-spec 250's. Honestly the one feature I wish mine had. (my other car has it and I cant' tell you how many times I grab the door handle of my locked 250 and stand there confused for a half second....)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Yah I meant here in the US it isn't available on either 250 or 45. It can't be added on the build in the MBUSA website and I didn't find any vehicle with it and I am in Southern California where plenty of GLAs.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
My vehicle was manufactured in Nov 2014 and KeylessGo comes standard. I believe from then onwards all GLA45 comes with KeylessGo as standard, here i n Aust as far as I know.
Correct my gla 45 arives here on Gold Coast this month with keyless go ....massive advantage on resale value ..

·
Registered
816 Posts
Yah I meant here in the US it isn't available on either 250 or 45. It can't be added on the build in the MBUSA website and I didn't find any vehicle with it and I am in Southern California where plenty of GLAs.
Actually, Keyless Go became available as an option (here in the US) on the GLA250 and 45 in the 2nd Q MY. When I ordered my GLA45 in late November 2014, the option was available and was ordered as such. The on line MB configurator did not show the Keyless Go as an option until early 2015 but the dealer could spec out a GLA with Keyless Go prior to the configurator showing it.

Reactions: ZomZom

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
A personal preference, but I wouldn't want keyless go. Had similar system in a 2011 VW Jetta my wife drove before I upgraded her to a GLK. The VW system was a PITA. If I washed it with the key fob in my pocket, could hear door mechanism locking and unlocking every time I moved toward or away. The battery in the fob also ran down quickly and the function stopped working. At less than one year, I had to do an emergency start procedure because the system stopped recognizing the fob due to low battery. New battery fixed that and traded before it could happen again.

Hope the MB system works better for those of you who have it.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Actually, Keyless Go became available as an option (here in the US) on the GLA250 and 45 in the 2nd Q MY. When I ordered my GLA45 in late November 2014, the option was available and was ordered as such. The on line MB configurator did not show the Keyless Go as an option until early 2015 but the dealer could spec out a GLA with Keyless Go prior to the configurator showing it.
Interesting, I didn't order mine and just got one of the lot but I might have looked at 4-5 dealers (within 30 miles of me) and none of the ones I checked out had keyless go.

I actually still can't add the option on the MBs online configurator right now. Weird.

·
Registered
470 Posts
A personal preference, but I wouldn't want keyless go. Had similar system in a 2011 VW Jetta my wife drove before I upgraded her to a GLK. The VW system was a PITA. If I washed it with the key fob in my pocket, could hear door mechanism locking and unlocking every time I moved toward or away. The battery in the fob also ran down quickly and the function stopped working. At less than one year, I had to do an emergency start procedure because the system stopped recognizing the fob due to low battery. New battery fixed that and traded before it could happen again.

Hope the MB system works better for those of you who have it.
I love it on my Lexus and BMW. The car only really unlocks when I put my hand behind the door handle with the keys in my pocket and to lock it I have to push the button so I didn't really experience your problem.

Battery does drain quicker, I had to replace once a year but both Lexus and BMW has physical keys hidden with the key fob so I can manually open it and the BMW key doubles as a regular key that I can start the car with by turning it manually as well and with the Lexus key fob, if the battery is low I just put it next to the start button and it'll start the car anyways.

Biggest concern for these systems is pretty much the security, there have been cases where people were able to hack in and unlock the door and start the car once the car recognizes (or thinks) the key is in the vicinity or inside the car. I believe the biggest case was from BMW a year so back.

·
Registered
816 Posts
nightscar…odd you can not see the Keyless Go on the configurator…I just did this screen shot of the MB configurator showing the Keyless Go option>>>

1 - 18 of 18 Posts