Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys! Recently, I'm experiencing the issue with the trunk on my GLA45. I have Keyless GO and before if I had the keys in my pocket and went to the to the trunk and pulled the handle, it would unlock and if I pulled the handle again, it would activate the power lift gate. For some reason, it doesn't unlock anymore. Was there a setting I changed that did this? All the other door handles still unlock when I put my hand to pull the door handle.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Well, never thought about it so I just locked my GLA45 and then went to the rear hatch and pulled the handle and the hatched opened…then pushed the red close button and hatched close and then the ext lights blinked twice and horn sounded once indicating that the car was now locked again.

Now with that said, you might have accidentally reprogramed your FOB aka Smart Key:

You can change the settings of the locking
system. When you then unlock the vehicle
only the driver's door and the fuel filler flap
are unlocked. This is useful if you frequently
travel on your own.

X To change the setting: press and hold
down the lock and unlock buttons simultaneously
for approximately six seconds until
the battery check lamp
flashes twice.

If the setting of the locking system is
changed within the signal range of the vehicle,
pressing the lock or unlock button:
locks or unlocks the vehicle

The SmartKey now functions as follows:
X To unlock the driver's door: press the
unlock button once.
X To unlock centrally: press the unlock button
twice.
X To lock centrally: press the lock button.

X To restore the factory settings: press
and hold down the lock and unlock buttons
simultaneously for approximately six seconds
until the battery check lamp flashes
twice

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi SSBGLA45. Thanks for your input. I tried resetting the FOB and pulling the handle while the FOB in my pocket and the car being locked, and it still didn't open. Is there any car settings that could possibly correct this?

·
Registered
140 Posts
With the key in your pocket you should be able to stand by the hatch and pull the release and it should open. Couple of things to check. Try the second key, maybe battery is weak. Or with car locked push the hatch button, if it doesn't open the release in the hatch might have failed or the receiver antenna is bad. If it does open then the receiver that talks to the key is bad. Dies it open when you pull the button in the drivers door? If so the mechanism is good and it's a radio problem. Could be anything from the antenna or receiver unit. Dealer ought to be able to troubleshoot, especially after you do some of the work above.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With the key in your pocket you should be able to stand by the hatch and pull the release and it should open. Couple of things to check. Try the second key, maybe battery is weak. Or with car locked push the hatch button, if it doesn't open the release in the hatch might have failed or the receiver antenna is bad. If it does open then the receiver that talks to the key is bad. Dies it open when you pull the button in the drivers door? If so the mechanism is good and it's a radio problem. Could be anything from the antenna or receiver unit. Dealer ought to be able to troubleshoot, especially after you do some of the work above.
The hatch opens when I hold the hatch button on my Fob. Also the hatch opens once I pull the button in the driver's door as well. I think I need to take it to the dealer and get it looked into.

·
Registered
880 Posts
If your car is locked.... and you open only the hatch, the rest of the doors should remain locked (it makes sense if you are just quickly grabbing some from the trunk)

When you close the trunk the car flashes 3 times/horn to let you know the car is armed again.

Im not sure opening the hatch would get all the doors to open, even at different key fob settings.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I think the OP was asking about opening the rear hatch when car is locked…not concerned about doors unlocking, but rather having them stayed locked and having the ability to only open the hatch.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think the OP was asking about opening the rear hatch when car is locked…not concerned about doors unlocking, but rather having them stayed locked and having the ability to only open the hatch.
Yes that's the issue I'm having. Before when the car locked, pulling the the hatch handle would unlock the hatch and I can quickly load my items in. Now it's unresponsive only opens if the whole car is unlocked or if I push the hatch button on my fob.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys! Recently, I'm experiencing the issue with the trunk on my GLA45. I have Keyless GO and before if I had the keys in my pocket and went to the to the trunk and pulled the handle, it would unlock and if I pulled the handle again, it would activate the power lift gate. For some reason, it doesn't unlock anymore. Was there a setting I changed that did this? All the other door handles still unlock when I put my hand to pull the door handle.
Hi there, just want to see if you have now got this issue resolved? It seems to me that now I have a similar issue. Just want to see if this is a quick fix or not.

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
790 Posts
You need to update your profile. Knowing your location and year and model of your GLA can help in answering questions. Go the the top right corner of the screen and click on 'USER PC'.

AS you joined in 2016 I would strat by changing the battery in the remote. Needs to be change about every year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts