Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Please give a full report on your experience with the European delivery. We will be doing the same thing next year. Eager to hear how it goes

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I absolutely will. For those considering a euro delivery check out Herbert haemmer out of Escondido mb. I've had no prior dealings with him and found his info through other message boards. Euro deliveries is all he does and he's a wealth of knowledge. So far I'm pleased with my dealings. It was definitely a leap of faith choosing someone on the other side of the states from me(I live in Michigan). But I'm glad I did and will post an in depth review of the whole process. Plus Herbert saved me some extra $$$ over the 5% mb discount. Only 5% for the gla and cla.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Pickup is July 30th in Stuttgart. Drop off will be August 13th in Frankfurt. Making use of the full 15 days of insurance/plates. Good thing is I lived there for 3 years so it makes it easier and a little less stressful knowing the roads and my way around.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I absolutely will. For those considering a euro delivery check out Herbert haemmer out of Escondido mb. I've had no prior dealings with him and found his info through other message boards. Euro deliveries is all he does and he's a wealth of knowledge. So far I'm pleased with my dealings. It was definitely a leap of faith choosing someone on the other side of the states from me(I live in Michigan). But I'm glad I did and will post an in depth review of the whole process. Plus Herbert saved me some extra $$$ over the 5% mb discount. Only 5% for the gla and cla.
Do you have to go to Escondido to pick up the car or will it be delivered somewhere near you?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nope, the car is shipped to my local dealer. Escondido pays the dealer a fee for the transaction. Everything is handled via email. Very smoothe and easy ��

·
Registered
9 Posts
I also decided to do the European Delivery. Will be picking up my new GLA 45 AMG in May. I am also dealing with Herbert Haemmer who I highly recommend to anyone who wants to experience the Euro Delivery no matter where you live.

Reactions: zodiac665

·
Registered
29 Posts
I also decided to do the European Delivery. Will be picking up my new GLA 45 AMG in May. I am also dealing with Herbert Haemmer who I highly recommend to anyone who wants to experience the Euro Delivery no matter where you live.

Can you PM me the contact to order the car from? I am consider doing it as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Can you PM me the contact to order the car from? I am consider doing it as well.
If you have any ?'s on the process let me know. Herbert has been great to deal with so far. Also if you google the mb European delivery program he has a website that comes up.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you have any ?'s on the process let me know. Herbert has been great to deal with so far. Also if you google the mb European delivery program he has a website that comes up.
Got it! I did many BMW ED and I looking forward working with Herbert on the ED for my first Benz. Do you know how much extra to have local delivery to your local dealer? I assume Herbert gave about 7% off MSRP on the GLA250 right?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Got it! I did many BMW ED and I looking forward working with Herbert on the ED for my first Benz. Do you know how much extra to have local delivery to your local dealer? I assume Herbert gave about 7% off MSRP on the GLA250 right?
In theory it is not an "extra" since Herbert (his dealership) pays for it but we are talking about few hundred dollars and it probably varies per dealer.
So in my case, since I am picking up my car in Escondido, this gave me a bit of extra room for negotiation.

What date do you have in mind for Europe? How does the MB ED compares to the BMW ED so far?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Delivery is to your local dealer. (I live in Michigan and I just told him which dealer to have it sent to)He gave me a little extra above the 5%(gla cla is 5 not 7% over what the other Benz models are) they (Escondido) pay your local dealer a fee to basically clean the car and turn it over to you. All paperwork is already done.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts