Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

Joining the GLA45 AMG family

12K views 41 replies 9 participants last post by  hrosenberg33 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, just signed the paperwork today for a 2017 with South Seas Blue exterior and Beige/Black interior. Delivery will be sometime late in November (not sure if they are available later but that's when I need it). I will be counting down the days until it happens but in the meantime I was wondering if anyone had pics of their South Seas Blue that I could look at and also the Beige/Black interior. Obviously that will be a rare combination but if you have either please share some pictures or links to them. I tried looking at all the pics on the site and only found one South Seas Blue but there must be more of that beautiful colour out there.

Below are the renderings from the customizer.

Going Premium Plus package and Executive Package. Foregoing any of the AMG add ons though (calipers, wing, performance exhaust). I still have until the end of the month to make any final changes so if anyone has any "can't miss" suggestions I can always add them on!

Thanks and looking forward to learning more about this great car.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to our GLA forum hrosenberg33. You're possibly the first to have a 2017 45 on order, though it sounds like a couple others are still considering options. Look for posts by SSBGLA45, who also has an award winning South Seas Blue 45. Please keep us posted on your progress, and in the meantime there's an ever growing community body of knowledge here.

#6 ·
Thanks turbolink, will check out SSBGLA45's car.

Congratulations on your order.

Pam and I ordered her 2017 GLA45 in April for a late August European Delivery. We were working off of the April version of the DOG then.

I just received the 9 of June version today. There are two changes ... base prices have been determined and represent a marginal increase, and the option for the passenger power seat is being discontinued since it will be standard starting in September.

I can't find the Executive Package in either of those versions. Can you please detail what this is?

Thanks ... Wayne
Congrats on your order! Euro Delivery? That would be awesome. Maybe next time for me!

My apologies, it's the Exclusive (not Executive) Package in Canada. Here are all the packages:

Exclusive
Leather Upholstery
IR Remote Window Open/Close Function on Driver Door
ARTICO Leather Dashboard

Premium
THERMOTRONIC Automatic Climate Control
Apple CarPlay™
Smartphone Integration
COMAND Online Navigation w/ MB Apps
Passive Blind Spot Assist
AMG Performance Exhaust
Panoramic Sunroof
Rear View Camera
DVD Drive

Premium Plus
EASY-PACK Power Tailgate
Integrated Garage Door Opener
Storage Package
PARKTRONIC w / Active Parking Assist
Exterior Power Folding Mirrors
harman/kardon® LOGIC7® Surround Sound System
Auto Dimming Mirrors (Rearview & Driver's Side)

I was given the PDF of what the 2017 changes will be so I have attached it below. I did not see it elsewhere but perhaps I missed it. Sorry if it's a duplicate.

Cheers!

Attachments

#3 ·
Congratulations on your order.

Pam and I ordered her 2017 GLA45 in April for a late August European Delivery. We were working off of the April version of the DOG then.

I just received the 9 of June version today. There are two changes ... base prices have been determined and represent a marginal increase, and the option for the passenger power seat is being discontinued since it will be standard starting in September.

I can't find the Executive Package in either of those versions. Can you please detail what this is?

Thanks ... Wayne

#8 ·
Ottawa, I still don't have an official production date or delivery date. The deal was worked with the understanding that we would aim for a late November to mid December. I have to finalize my interior colour by the end of the month so I hope to have firmer dates then.

I think I should be good unless there's some weird stuff like what happened with the MY16s that seemed to be delayed for a while. At least that's what I'm hoping!

Our of curiosity what exterior/interior did you go with?

#10 ·
Speaking strictly from my perspective in my market in the USA ...

It looks like Canada has different packages than we have in the USA! Here in the States we can't get under seat storage trays, folding mirrors, or LED Dynamic Headlights. We only have the 2 liter motor (MB or AMG). We have no diesel option. I guess it makes sense that other markets have different option packages!

In the USA, while 2016 orders were shut off on 18 March, we did not get a DOG (Dealer Order Guide) until April. The dealer could not take an official order in the interim.

I am concerned that a March order may be floating in space.

Ask your dealer to show you your order status on their computer screen. This will tell you if the order is pending approval, has been accepted and is waiting, if it is close to locking, or if it has locked. On the USA this is color coded white, green, yellow, and red.

While many of the options prices were listed on the April DOG, the one just released is the first to indicate base pricing. There are still missing ala carte options that our dealer was able to select for us in April, but only from his computer screen (Selectable Adaptive Suspension for instance). There are options with tba pricing (Carbon Fiber Dash Trim for instance) so we do not have a final price yet.

But we do have a specific day in August for our factory delivery. A personal pick up may be more specific than a boat crossing the ocean to a port with secondary shipping and preparation involved.

Good luck getting things nailed down.

#11 ·
Hey garu, no final price yet. I'm leasing so contract states if price goes up by more than 25$ per month with the discount percentage we agreed to then I can back out (so it will depend on new MY17 pricing, lease rates and residuals). Hopefully as Wayne found out in the US the prices stay pretty much the same in Canada.

Thanks for the tips Wayne!

#15 ·
Not always refundable on deposits. I was surprised and a bit shocked when I ordered our 2016 GLA250 just about a year ago this week. The dealership stated the custom order was so high-priced for the model they wanted a $2500 vice standard $1000 refundable deposit and it was non-refundable, to which I had to sign acknowledgement. My guess was the deposit might be negotiable on another MB, however. That said, it was quite a shocker, though the sticker on my GLA250 was indeed higher than those the dealership ordered.

#19 · (Edited)
Concerning the deposit… since it varies by dealership to dealership for refundable deposits, I would absolutely get WRITTEN verification that the deposit is refundable for any reason. If dealership declines that then assume they do (and maybe will) have the option to keep the deposit.

In my case, my GLA45 was a 'custom' order (read this next statement as if it was spoken by a German engineer "AMG sind Silber, schwarz oder weiß... nicht blau) since I wanted (a deal breaker if the order did not have the SSB color) the South Seas Blue color only. Took 3 months to get MB to accept order. With that said I had NO problem with the $1500 non-refundable deposit since the AMG was exactly as I ordered, even though knowing that in Florida there is NO 3 days-after-purchase (aka cooling off period) to return and get full refund (some other states do have a 'cooling off period law ) In my case I knew I wanted to car….the AMG is addictive (this will be my 3rd AMG owned)

#24 ·
This combo is just ridiculous. Absolutely stunning. :nerd:

Wish the grey interior was an option. The SSB looks so nice, it reminds me of the Estoril Blue from BMW (sorry if I just mentioned the most hated brand to a Mercedes fan) that I have always loved. Hope they don't have too much of a delay getting my car done in SSB with the two robe interior. As in your case, no SSB would be a deal breaker.

#26 ·
I did get my final pricing yesterday, base plus all options packages and line item options. That's US market, and as we have seen, down here we have different options than you have up there!

Price increases were very modest. My total increase vs a 2016 was roughly 1%. But waiting for 2017 I've got Android Auto included.

I've heard rumors of small changes to trim and a few other things, but nothing definite yet.

Good luck.

#27 ·
Also from Ottawa

Hi hrosenberg33:

I too am from Ottawa (Kanata to narrow it down) and ordered a 2017 AMG 45 from Star in early May for my wife. Delivery is scheduled to be late Aug early Sept. My wife and I were in Scottsdale and walked into the MB dealership. She fell in love with a 2016 AMG45. We Came back to Ottawa and tried to order the same car. Had two issues. She did not want the spoiler and also wanted wood trim on the dash. The AMG45 in Scottsdale was equipped like that. Dealer told us the spoiler could be left out but we would have to pay for it anyway as it was part of the package ordered and there was no way to get the wood trim. Oh well. Now I am looking for an good aftermarket wood trim kit.

I hope the time goes by fast for your wait. Best of luck, KanataAMG45

#28 ·
Thanks for the update Wayne, hopefully the increases are in line with yours (or less =D) here in Canada.

KanataGLA45, I haven't seen many GLA45's here in Ottawa (one Grey and one White one). I'll keep an eye out for yours! I'm not a fan of the big wing either so I was glad to leave out that option. Make sure to post some pictures of your GLA45!

#29 ·
I have only seen one white one. It will be nice to have a car that is rare. If the wife lets me (it is her car) I will post some pics. I now begin the look for some decent winter rims and tires. You will probably be the only blue GLA 45 in Ottawa. If you hear a horn and see a white one it will be me (again if the wife lets me drive it). Ha ha..

BTW. I have one of the first Ford Focus STs that came into Canada. That car is a blast to drive. It is like a go cart on steroids. Only issue is the paint on the rear hatch is peeling and rusting after just three years. Ford won't look after it. So we will never purchase a Ford after owning over q5 of them. Looking forward to getting behind the wheel of the GLA and seeing what it can do.

#31 ·
Just got some updates from my sales consultant as follows:

>estimated production date: between Sept 1-10

>estimated time of arrival: between Oct 24-Nov 15

Prices are released. Minimum change as expected.

I asked him on follow up what "minimum changes means" so we'll see. Only ~4 months until it arrives!!!

#32 ·
Ask for a copy of the latest 2017 DOG. This is finalized enough now to include all prices for all options. Beware, the dealer has more options in their computer than the DOG indicates!

It sounds like your order is green, but won't go yellow or red (locked) for another month. So you have a bit of time to make adjustments.

Congrats on getting this fast and hang in there!!!

#34 ·
DOG = Dealer Ordering Guide

For 2016 and 17 the Crystal Grey was discontinued now black (MB Tex or leather), brown, sahara beige , and black 'Red Cut' leather are the available colors

#36 ·
I guess yours looked so good you broke the mould. ;)

Ok, I'll ask for the DOG and see what it shows. It certainly is confusing as they call it beige but it sure looks grey to me. However the difference would be night and day if I expected something like SSBGLA45 and got a much more drab beige interior.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.