1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
183 Posts
Well this is what we can read so far. Not really anything to do with the car, but interesting writing nonetheless.

Jeremy Clarkson's reviews are great only because he knows how to make them so entertaining. Will have to check back when it is published for free. I, like most normal people, don't pay to read things online.

AS WE know, there are far fewer blockbuster films being made these days than at any time in cinema’s peacetime history. When I was growing up, there was a constant supply, and they were varied. There were westerns and historical dramas and war films and huge, sweeping epics involving Julie Christie. I’d see Lawrence of Arabia one weekend, Where Eagles Dare the next and Young Winston after that.

Then I’d see Young Winston again because it was the first time I’d copped a pair of breasts on the silver screen. Then I’d claim I’d lost my bus fare home and watch it again.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is the whole text

The Clarkson review: Mercedes GLA AMG 4Matic (2015)

Half of it is consumed in meaningless babbling and in the end he did not like the too many (!!??)chrome bits and how it looks. I can honestly say that my GLA 45 has almost no chromes at all, so I cannot stop wondering if he is just saying stuff to attract attention.

·
Registered
144 Posts
He has a point about the throttle, really in a car this expensive it ought to have selectable modes like vag cars. Not a big deal as a $300 sprint booster etc solves this.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I can actually understand the part of the chrome bits because mine came with the chrome words "GLA 45" on the left of the boot and then "AMG" on the right, "a badge from the Agent" and "4Matic" plastered on the boot. Coupled with the chrome bit that runs from one rear light to the other and finally the chrome boot plate. That's a lot of bling for a small car.

I had to remove all the badges except for "GLA 45" and "AMG" before it looks better!

Transmission does drop the ball quite a bit when driving in the city so I hope that will change with later transmission software updates. *Fingers crossed*

I am not sure if JC or anyone notices that the B-pillar does present quite a bad blind spot...

Other than that, I really enjoy the car! Love the styling and the poke of the M133 engine! Brings a smile to my face every time I drive it. :)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Well apparently now he's fired or quit. So bye Jeremy. Lucky that he is set for life anyways. He'll just have a deficit of screen time till he finds his next gig.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I mean you can't go around punching co-workers. He deserves to be fired. But he will be fine he is mega rich. Kinda too bad for the show though. It was a fun thing to watch.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts