Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
I am pretty sure that what you are referring to is caused by the fact that the transmission is an automatically actuated manual transmission verses a hydraulic automatic which is the majority of automatic transmissions. The GLA has clutches vice the torque converter used in hydraulic transmissions. This can cause a jerkier launch under certain load conditions. Saying that, if it is an issue with you you might want to have it checked by the dealership.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
1st gear on this car in every variant (CLA250/CLA45, GLA250/GLA45, A250/A45) of this engine has been ripped apart by every car reviewer out there LOL Benz's DDCT is just AWFUL. I believe it's a 'dry' double clutch... But I could be wrong... (Oh! and The engine damper did help mine a bit.)

Fortunately there is a TCU tune from Rebellion (and other tuners soon) that can flash the TCU for better 1st gear compliance.

I'd guess Benz will have a software update as well.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Fortunately there is a TCU tune from Rebellion (and other tuners soon)
Also there is an adjustable plug and play throttle box for a bit less money that basically shortens pedal travel so you are right up into the power band without waiting around, sprintbooster,powerpedal, trs. After looking at side by side pictures i think they are the same thing just rebranded

1 - 4 of 4 Posts