Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my 15' GLA 45 last summer and noticed that the transmission seemed much more noisy than other vehicles. I have never owned an MB and I don't know anyone else around me that has the same transmission/engine that is in this vehicle therefore, I don't have a direct comparison. When the transmission reaches operating temp, it seems to sound more whiny or noisy than what I would consider "normal". When I took it in for service a few months back (spark plugs, rear diff fluid, oil, etc.) they said it was normal and didn't find anything wrong. The transmission service was supposedly done in 2019 (first transmission service, done around 24K miles), a while before I purchased it.

Anyone else notice this or is there potentially something wrong with my transmission?
Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My '19's gearbox is very quiet.
Glad to hear yours is quiet. I seem to remember a mentioning of a change in transmission tuning/design after the 2015 model. I know there is a slight difference between what I have and later models but I am curious about the specific noise of the 15 model.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Glad to hear yours is quiet. I seem to remember a mentioning of a change in transmission tuning/design after the 2015 model. I know there is a slight difference between what I have and later models but I am curious about the specific noise of the 15 model.
mine is a 15 w/25k miles, it whines lightly, i turn up the stereo

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mine is a 15 w/25k miles, it whines lightly, i turn up the stereo
Thanks for the input. I do recall watching a video review of a +1 year of ownership review of a 15 GLA45. I remember hearing something similar on the driving video, recorded from the outside of the vehicle as it was driving.
It just seems much louder than what would be considered "normal".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts