Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my AMG GLA 45 S on 3 Feb and on 13 Feb experienced the first of many episodes of a sudden and unexpected loss of power. Very scary to go to pull out in front of a car and the engine dies. Has anyone had the same experience with this?

Mercedes Brisbane in Australia have had the car since 19 Feb and have driven the car and confirmed it is losing power suddenly and unexpectedly. However yesterday they told me losing power is normal for an AMG. I am not happy as I do not feel safe driving this car especially when I have my children with me. Safety wise this does not make sense but this is my first AMG so I keen to hear if loss of power is “normal” for an AMG?

As per the following email from Mercedes Brisbane, I remain concerned that AMG in Germany cannot find a fault and are happy for me to drive the car despite the power loss and resulting safety threat.

In addition to the above, I got a notification on Mercedes Me on 24 March that a collision with my vehicle has been detected.

I would appreciate some advice on what I should do next.

Thank you, Helen

Mercedes email -

We have received final confirmation from Mercedes Benz Australia that the concern raised with your vehicle has been relating to engine / transmission adaptation.

The work we have carried out as directed by Mercedes Benz Technical Department was to re adapt the engine / transmission data which has now been completed successfully. The engine and transmission in your vehicle have been designed to constantly readapt to differing driving styles and conditions

Additionally we have sent SD scans of the vehicle operation to the AMG technical department in Germany and they have responded to state the operation is series standard as per their response below.

Based on the testing performed so far, we are unable to confirm a fault or defect with the engine/transmission operation.

We are of the opinion that the engine adaptation data is the cause of the reported symptom. This data is improving with more driving.

My recommendation is to return the vehicle to the customer and reassess after the run-in period of 1500km has been completed

·
Registered
237 Posts
They are focusing on "adaptation" to driving habits....so I would have to ask, what are your driving habits? An AMG as we know are an aggressive version of this standard MB vehicle, so how do you drive this vehicle?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was just driving the car in city conditions for the short time I had it. I brake late and take corners a bit faster than other women but otherwise I am a safe driver and only got the AMG because my husband likes sports cars.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got my AMG GLA 45 S on 3 Feb and on 13 Feb experienced the first of many episodes of a sudden and unexpected loss of power. Very scary to go to pull out in front of a car and the engine dies. Has anyone had the same experience with this?

Mercedes Brisbane in Australia have had the car since 19 Feb and have driven the car and confirmed it is losing power suddenly and unexpectedly. However yesterday they told me losing power is normal for an AMG. I am not happy as I do not feel safe driving this car especially when I have my children with me. Safety wise this does not make sense but this is my first AMG so I keen to hear if loss of power is “normal” for an AMG?

As per the following email from Mercedes Brisbane, I remain concerned that AMG in Germany cannot find a fault and are happy for me to drive the car despite the power loss and resulting safety threat.

In addition to the above, I got a notification on Mercedes Me on 24 March that a collision with my vehicle has been detected.

I would appreciate some advice on what I should do next.

Thank you, Helen

Mercedes email -

We have received final confirmation from Mercedes Benz Australia that the concern raised with your vehicle has been relating to engine / transmission adaptation.

The work we have carried out as directed by Mercedes Benz Technical Department was to re adapt the engine / transmission data which has now been completed successfully. The engine and transmission in your vehicle have been designed to constantly readapt to differing driving styles and conditions

Additionally we have sent SD scans of the vehicle operation to the AMG technical department in Germany and they have responded to state the operation is series standard as per their response below.

Based on the testing performed so far, we are unable to confirm a fault or defect with the engine/transmission operation.

We are of the opinion that the engine adaptation data is the cause of the reported symptom. This data is improving with more driving.

My recommendation is to return the vehicle to the customer and reassess after the run-in period of 1500km has been completed

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey mate , I am in Sydney and have the new gla45s had a similar issue with mine took it back to merc and they did update on the gearbox and hasn’t done it anymore . Also I find driving in comfort the car hates and in sports plus car works like a dream . You have 5 years of warranty see how you go . If you have any questions follow my Instagram gla45s_amg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts