Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

A weird issue has cropped up when listening to music from my iPhone. This happens while plugged in with the iPhone cable and when I am using BT streaming. I cannot skip through songs. Also, I can navigate through my playlists, but when I find a song I want it will not select it. When I try to skip through a song or select another song the new song in my playlist will show up on the console screen, but it never plays. Eventually the center screen will switch back to the original song that was playing. I can still fast forward. I could do this when I first got the car; however it stopped working several weeks ago.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Some ios updates have crippled bluetooth. The good news (in my experience) is that once you finally establish a 'good connection' via BT, the connections stays. At least it has for me. Subsequent updates could still pose an issue.

This worked for me: Try a hard reset of the iphone, delete the phone from your list of devices in the GLA, and start fresh.

iOS 8 has been a total embarrassment for Apple in my opinion. I feel like I'm back dealing with Microsoft products again. So buggy. (And I NEVER thought I'd be saying that) LOL

Also make sure you connect to the BT first. Use the plug after you get the good connection

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Boris,

Unfortunately my issue is not limited to Bluetooth. It also happens when I am plugged in. I wouldn't doubt that the issue is related to an iOS 8 update, but I am not sure. I am wondering if anyone else has been experiencing this issue?

·
Registered
249 Posts
I can connect via BT, but when I plug in my iPhone I get device not found. Any tips on how to get my iPhone to connect and work through the USB?

The reason being, my wife's phone is the primary phone since she uses it for her business. She has no music on her phone, but I do. So, I'd like to have her phone connected via BT for phone calls/messages and my phone connected via UDB to listen to music. Both phones are iPhone 6s running the most recent iOS 10.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts