Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I yanked out all incandescent interior bulbs and replaced with energy savings LED's. I was very careful to maintain the warm white ambience, so I made sure that all of my upgraded LED are of 2300K. To my utter surprise, all the lights are of T10 socket type, which exception of main rear seat which was a 41 mm festoon socket. I don't have a sun roof so my interior rear lighting consist of a large 10 mm festoon and two t10 wedge reading lights. I am very happy to say that there is absolutely NO flickering of lights, i.e. there is no CAN bus error. Maybe this due to the fact that GLA was developed by Nissan-Renault rather than a pure breed MB !!! My next project is to yank out the yellowish H11 fog lights, and upgrade the OEM bi-Xenon's to 6000K. The foot well got blue white stock LED's.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the post. Do the LEDs fade to off like the incandescent bulbs? Are you happy with the color temperature?
The upgraded LED's do not flicker at all, and they do fade on/off as originally intended. I attempted to match the same color temperature as the front ones, since they cannot be changed. Two of them are embedded in the rear mirror assembly unit, and two are in the pod right above rear mirror. Warm white is as closest match I could get. I did not like the glaring daylight white. I sourced from cheapest sellers from eBay (very slow delivery usually from ePacket from China) and from Amazon (a tad more expensive but much faster).

·
Registered
2 Posts
I yanked out all incandescent interior bulbs and replaced with energy savings LED's. I was very careful to maintain the warm white ambience, so I made sure that all of my upgraded LED are of 2300K. To my utter surprise, all the lights are of T10 socket type, which exception of main rear seat which was a 41 mm festoon socket. I don't have a sun roof so my interior rear lighting consist of a large 10 mm festoon and two t10 wedge reading lights. I am very happy to say that there is absolutely NO flickering of lights, i.e. there is no CAN bus error. Maybe this due to the fact that GLA was developed by Nissan-Renault rather than a pure breed MB !!! My next project is to yank out the yellowish H11 fog lights, and upgrade the OEM bi-Xenon's to 6000K. The foot well got blue white stock LED's.

How were you able to get the rear courtesy lights off by the ceiling handles? I got everything else done but these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
535 Posts
As they are interior lights and not exterior running lights most likely there would not be a CAN bus error.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts