Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys use to clean the light grey and beige MB Tex upholstery? Seems like it shows everything! Next go-round, it's silver exterior and black interior! Seems that combo would be the easiest to keep clean!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Quick answer for leather with lighter colors for me has been the Mr Clean Magic Pads. Doubt that's the school solution, however. BTW, the brown leather with black trim is an excellent combination for my co-pilot's paw prints.

·
Registered
189 Posts
To clean - strictly a soapy solution (5% with baby shampoo) as the manual says.

To protect - a light coat of 303 Aerospace Protectant applied with a moist cotton towel.

According to the Owners manual - do not use MF towels on MBTex.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

To protect - a light coat of 303 Aerospace Protectant applied with a moist cotton towel.

MF Towels? :eek: Hope I'm interpreting this wrong! LOL! :D Can you please clarify??? ;)

·
Registered
880 Posts
For my alcantara just use warm water to bring it back to life, the trick is to clean it regularly.

For MB tex and treated leather the same but, if stains i use diluted meguiars all purpose cleaner with a light brush

For porous untreated leather specialty products

·
Registered
189 Posts
MF Towels? :eek: Hope I'm interpreting this wrong! LOL! :D Can you please clarify??? ;)
From the Owner's Manual (Page 319):

"Cleaning the seat covers
General notes
! Do not use a microfiber cloth to clean covers made out of real leather, artificial leather or DINAMICA. If used often, these can damage the cover."

·
Registered
189 Posts

CORRECTION - Reading the manual to answer question above I note that the cleaning soapy solution is 1% (NOT 5%).

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From the Owner's Manual (Page 319):

"Cleaning the seat covers
General notes
! Do not use a microfiber cloth to clean covers made out of real leather, artificial leather or DINAMICA. If used often, these can damage the cover."
Oh! MicroFiber! That makes more sense than what first popped into my head! It was early... or late, can't remember which. Either way, thank you!

·
Super Moderator
298 Posts
Thanks for the 303 Aerospace tip. I typically use it on the dash for UV protection (very light coat so as to maintain a no-glare matte finish). But I hadn't thought about using it on the MB-tex.

I've been using Zaino leather-in-a-bottle or Griot's 3-in-1 leather cleaner-protector simply because I had it on hand for other vehicle's leather. Sometimes I have to buff MB-tex however if I use too much.

Going forward I'll just use a mild soapy solution and top with 303. Oh, and I always use detailing sponges.

ps: sure glad I found this forum; a wealth of knowledge!

To clean - strictly a soapy solution (1% with baby shampoo) as the manual says.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts