Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a GLA180 (2016) (X156 diesel) and I have the following issue:

Sometimes when i start the car, some lights on the dashboard are still on (lights, fog lights) and not disappear, the needle showing the fuel is going up and down, the clock is not working and flickering and when i use the turn lights it is not shown in the panel but in reality they are working (you can see them from outside). Sometimes it is completely dead (even speedometer). Sometimes it comes back and it works fine. Moreover, one night when the panel was off, there was no light on the radio (but radio was working). After a while the radio light came back, but the panel was still off.

I went my car to the Mercedes official repairshop and they replaced the panel with a new one, but the problem is still there but with less frequency and duration (problem apperas for 1 minute and disapperar). OBD reader does not show any error! A friend of mine who is owner of another repairshop has pointed out a possible CAN BUS fault.

Any ideas what's going on?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2,188 Posts
I can see a CANBus problem resulting in erroneous value errors but the buffering methods on these busses makes that unlikely. I don't see how the CANBus would cause the radio back lighting to shut off. Then again, your friend is probably smarter than me so ...

But what you describe is intermittent, the worst kind of failure to diagnose. These are generally connection failures that are improved or even repaired by unplugging and plugging in all associated connectors (the sliding action on the pins cleans the contacts). Replacing the screen means the contacts were cycled once. This improved things. I'd start with exercising the plugs multiple times.

Good luck and please let us know what you find. Remember, there's no such thing as a good connection. Some are better than others, but none are good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts