Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to install the illuminated door sills on my 2015 GLA250. The dealer wants $1100 for this but I can pick them up on ebay for $550. Has anyone done this install? Is there a write-up somewhere?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'd like to install the illuminated door sills on my 2015 GLA250. The dealer wants $1100 for this but I can pick them up on ebay for $550. Has anyone done this install? Is there a write-up somewhere?

Thanks!!
I guess there two different ones. Ones when You have interior light/ambiente already in Your car and ones models are without.
You plug it into leg room light.

Send e-mail to Brabus as they have door sills to fit and aks about mounting instruction.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I guess there two different ones. Ones when You have interior light/ambiente already in Your car and ones models are without.
You plug it into leg room light.

Send e-mail to Brabus as they have door sills to fit and aks about mounting instruction.
Good point, Brabus should be able to do this.
Too bad a service manual hasn't leaked at yet.

Going to an aftermarket shop might be of some help, they'll charge, just not as much as the dealer would.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good point, Brabus should be able to do this.
Too bad a service manual hasn't leaked at yet.

Going to an aftermarket shop might be of some help, they'll charge, just not as much as the dealer would.
I need that service manual. :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
I need that service manual. :)
Figured.

This early into the process it's hard to locate it.
I'm actively looking for them (probably mentioned this elsewhere on the forum too), will post it once located!

For now all we can hope for are DIY's from individuals, shops, tuners, etc.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Is it about the same price whether you get it after market or directly from Audi? I just bet that there is more customization options for people who go aftermarket instead of those that stick with Mercedes products

·
Registered
64 Posts

Thanks!!
Do you have the link to the door sills from ebay?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts