Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2015 GLA 4matic
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah! My latest wacky project of infinitely small detail that only I will probably ever notice is a success!

I retrofitted the sideview mirror "puddle lights" available in other countries (but not in the USA in my 2015 GLA), put in amber LEDs and wired them to flash with the turn signals. I love it. It's just another way to announce my intentions to drivers and increase visibility and safety (that's my story, it's all about safety when I do these goofy mods)!

Here are a few photos and an animated gif. The gif makes it look like the lights are out of synch but they're not. Flashing is at the correct rate, with no errors being thrown. I think it will only be noticeable at night and probably only stands out against a white exterior. But, for some reason, I am tickled pink (or amber?) at this little modification.

I had another post on this site where I was looking for part numbers and explaining what I was hoping to do. I will update that post with some of those details if anyone is interested in giving this a try.

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire

Here's a link to a video of it flashing at night: New video by Christine Seel
and here's another: New video by Christine Seel

·
Super Moderator
870 Posts
You can check this post for full detail and pictures.

Reactions: Christine_S

·
Registered
2015 GLA 4matic
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can check this post for full detail and pictures.

GBarringer, Thank you for referencing the other post. I realized after I did this that I had managed to cross-post on different threads in this forum (maybe a reflection of my somewhat scattered thought process), so it's good to loop back in for all the details.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts