Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!
I've enjoyed the tips, tricks, and posts on here for the last few weeks that I've owned my GLA250, but alas I've yet to find an answer or a 'how to' when it comes to inputting destinations through the Voice Control option of the navigation system. I live in Florida, USA, and my city's streets are almost exclusively numbers. After pressing the voice command button on the steering wheel and saying Enter Destination, I follow the prompt by inputting an address-say "216 North 32nd Ave."

As usual, the lady replies with '(every part of your) destination is ambiguous.' I start with entering city, which is simple enough. However, when stating the street number, it gives me a list of street names.
Anyone know if there is a process to this? I've completed the Voice Recognition training thing where you repeat a bunch of commands and numbers, yet the fact that I can't enter destinations correctly is getting on my nerves!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
816 Posts
Interesting… we are having similar problem as you described. Sometimes we can get system to work, but most times not. Also, for gated communities (I live in Jupiter Florida and there are many gated communities in Palm Beach area) get a response similar to "is a restricted area". :(

·
Registered
19 Posts
Personally I have not had any significant issues (I mean it misses sometimes, but for the most part it is OK). Maybe it doesn't like some voices.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts