Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2015 GLA 250 with code p052e71. THe question is it is very expensive to repair, so how long can I drive like this and what damage could I do .

·
Super Moderator
1,374 Posts
Have a 2015 GLA 250 with code p052e71. THe question is it is very expensive to repair, so how long can I drive like this and what damage could I do .
If you have a code P052E stored in your OBD-II vehicle, it means that the powertrain control module (PCM) has detected a signal from the crankcase pressure sensor that indicates an inappropriate degree of pressure exists.

This has been covered in this Forum in detail. Use the search function for PVC valve (positive crankcase ventilation).

·
Registered
135 Posts
Aside from damage to the environment (PCV being related to the emissions system) in the short term there's negligible vehicle damage and you can still drive until you have a chance to get it remedied. The part(s) itself is not prohibitively expensive but of course Benz service labor rates being what they are ... A trained non-dealership mechanic can certainly do this job. Of course the code will need to be subsequently cleared.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts