Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting in the 2016 models, the Dynamic Select switch has four settings: Comfort, Sports, Sports+, and Individual. It's fairly obvious what the first three do, although I would like to see some technical documentation (shift points, other dynamics). But mostly, I cannot find any use for the "Individual" setting. The owner's manual is useless, and refers to some online resource that I cannot find. Has anyone found any documentation? Or, can you describe what you've discovered? Would like to think it's there for a good reason . . .

·
Super Moderator
791 Posts
I find the owners manual to be very poor on information. Filled with warning and disclaimers and not much real use on how to. It even has wrong information. My 2016 has the wrong into on ECO display. It shows three bars and the display has a pie chart. I ended up using the manual for 2016 GLK for the ECO display. Found more and best info on this GLA form under post Tips & Tricks & Unknown Features You Discovered on the GLA

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
The GLA paper owners manual is not quite as comprehensive as previous MB models. However, more detailed information is in your digital owners manual on the GLA's information console. Presumably that might get computer updated with each MB servicing. It's not extremely intuitive or user friendly on first use, but once you catch on to how to search for topics, it's not too bad. My biggest frustration is you can't print out the pages and they don't load very quickly.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You should have Individual Comfort Sport Sport+ and Race mode

Individual - custom setting
Comfort - Engine normal, Suspension normal, ESP normal, Exhaust Normal
Sport - Engine sport, Suspension normal, ESP normal, Exhaust normal
Sport+ - Engine sport, Suspension sport, ESP normal, Exhaust sport
Race - Engine race, Suspension sport, ESP sport, Exhaust sport and increase top speed

Was in Race mode in on track days. Very responsive and car handles great.

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
I think the "race mode" only applies to GLA45, not GLA250.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I think the "race mode" only applies to GLA45, not GLA250.
The 2016 GLA 250 only has E(co), C(omfort) - the default, S(port) and I(dividual) modes.
No Sport+ or Race.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do have a 2016 GLA45, but do not have race mode. It comes with one of the packages I did not get.

I'll try to find it on the console, but would still like to hear from anyone who is finding it worthwhile.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay, thanks to tips from turbolink and ddsheep I've answered my own question. The Individual mode can have up to five parameters IF you have add-on packages that provide some of the features. I have neither the adjustable suspension nor the Race mode. So I'm left with turning off ESP or switching to Manual or one other bit, none of which seem useful. To afford the car I had to opt out of most of the extras, which I don't regret. But the Individual mode was bugging me; now I can "move on."

BTW, I do have some other form of "Race launch" (pull back on both paddles, flick the right one to confirm, steering wheel pointed straight ahead, make sure no one looking, step on one pedal then the other, etc.). But it seems complicated and probably better for someone leasing the car and then turning it in, not holding on to it longer term. I don't want to melt the beautiful engine that Sasha built for me!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts