Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The illuminated star is not working on my 2019 GLA. Could it be the bulb? If so, is this an easy fix?

·
Super Moderator
554 Posts
I believe the Star is fiberoptic illuminated from a remote harness source, so no 'bulb' per se. Further it indicates it illuminates when "remotely lock/unlock the vehicle or open the door or tailgate. Only functions when engine is switched off." Is this when you notice an outage?

·
Super Moderator
726 Posts
The illuminated star is an option, I had a 2016 GLA with this option and it only came on when the headlights were on. My 2019 does not have this option. Like Huey52 stated it is not a light blub that you can just replace.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The illuminated star is not working on my 2019 GLA. Could it be the bulb? If so, is this an easy fix?
The illuminated star is an option, I had a 2016 GLA with this option and it only came on when the headlights were on. My 2019 does not have this option. Like Huey52 stated it is not a light blub that you can just replace.
Okay,
I believe the Star is fiberoptic illuminated from a remote harness source, so no 'bulb' per se. Further it indicates it illuminates when "remotely lock/unlock the vehicle or open the door or tailgate. Only functions when engine is switched off." Is this when you notice an outage?

It does not illuminate when I "remotely lock/unlock the vehicle or open the door or tailgate, when the engine is switched off. I purchased the GLA on 4/3, the illuminated star is listed on the copy of the original window sticker. Guess, I need to contact the dealer.

·
Super Moderator
554 Posts
The illuminated star is definitely a discrete option 00A.
Our otherwise loaded New England GLA doesn’t have it, yet our much less optioned FL GLA does. Dealers there want more bling in their orders I guess. ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
You can not have both the illuminated star and the adaptive cruise, since the cruise distance sensor resides in the star. So ... Does your car have adaptive cruise?

·
Super Moderator
726 Posts
Question with the switch on and headlights on is the star illuminated?

·
Super Moderator
554 Posts
That would explain why our lesser optioned FL GLA has the illuminated star (no adaptive cruise). Thanks Wayne.
You can not have both the illuminated star and the adaptive cruise, since the cruise distance sensor resides in the star. So ... Does your car have adaptive cruise?

·
Super Moderator
726 Posts
Our star is on with motor running and headlights on. But it isn't obvious unless it is dark outside.
The 2016 GLA we had was the way it worked. It was not very bright at the same time, Think in 2016 it was around a $500 option.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Yep, around $500. And not very bright (not intended as a third headlight). And occupied the adaptive cruise sensor location. And was available as an add on via the internet for a lot less (can't vouch for quality).

But it does seem to be intimidating. People tend to move out of the fast lane when freeway driving at night so you can pass them!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts