Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi everybody and fellow glad owners. i was driving a q3 last month in which i got into an mayor car accident and it was totaled i decided to try something new and got a gal with sport pack and premium pack. i love it however i hate just one thing and its the halogen headlight. does anybody knows if i can change the headlight to the led one like the hole thing because i changed the yellow bulb one and got xenon but it still doesn't please me. any info would help .

Attachments

·
Registered
272 Posts
Let us know if you've decided to move forward with this mod. It would be great to hear an update as to what you did and how it turned out.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Let us know if you've decided to move forward with this mod. It would be great to hear an update as to what you did and how it turned out.
Still trying to get part numbers... Really difficult due to how new this car is.

Anyone with access to a Mercedes parts database? Can you get me the part number for the wiring harness to the CLA250?

The CLA debuted in 2013, so there should be part numbers out there. I just can't find it on the web. Not sure why... Any assistance would be SPLENDID. :D

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
I was under the impression that switching to the bi-xenons was prohibitively expensive?
So far, $1160 :|
However, without the wiring harness, I can't state how much it will be.

If you buy them from the dealer, it is over $3500.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have tried 3 different H7 lights with and without the required cheap clips. It is nearly impossible to install. I am now trying to figure out how to pull the light housing out to change the bulb. I have no idea why Mercedes would Sell a car with suck bad lighting. If anyone figures this out, please let me know!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have tried 3 different H7 lights with and without the required cheap clips. It is nearly impossible to install. I am now trying to figure out how to pull the light housing out to change the bulb. I have no idea why Mercedes would Sell a car with suck bad lighting. If anyone figures this out, please let me know!

I brought my car to a local car stereo, and extras shop in CT. They ordered me H7’s LEDs and they were installed within an hr. I forget the name of the kit when I go back there this week I will ask but they did need to get a special Mercedes Benz clip so that the H7’s would fit. After I switched mine I found projector headlights on carid. I would get that and then get hi/low projector H7’s I spent about $400 on low bean and fog lights that are LED but I still have the stupid DRL that’s yellow they don’t make an LED H15 which is the high beam because LED’s can’t do low power mode. Check carid you will find that headlight assembly is much cleaner and it is a normal H7’s connection no special clips needed. Everything becomes LED no halogen anything and the low and high beam become projector. I’m thinking of making that change even though I’m $400 into headlight mods already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
I brought my car to a local car stereo, and extras shop in CT. They ordered me H7’s LEDs and they were installed within an hr. I forget the name of the kit when I go back there this week I will ask but they did need to get a special Mercedes Benz clip so that the H7’s would fit. After I switched mine I found projector headlights on carid. I would get that and then get hi/low projector H7’s I spent about $400 on low bean and fog lights that are LED but I still have the stupid DRL that’s yellow they don’t make an LED H15 which is the high beam because LED’s can’t do low power mode. Check carid you will find that headlight assembly is much cleaner and it is a normal H7’s connection no special clips needed. Everything becomes LED no halogen anything and the low and high beam become projector. I’m thinking of making that change even though I’m $400 into headlight mods already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FOr DRL/HI Beam, use this:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Auto-Car-H4-H7-Led-Headlight-8C-H15-H11-H8-6000K-White-Beam-80W-8000Lm-h7/32834186019.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.EVaV0c

It works perfectly fine

1 - 11 of 11 Posts