Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have anybody tried tuning the ECU so far? I know my GLA has a different engine spec(unlike most markets where 250s are common) I am curious if I should dive into it. the reason is because GLA 250s here in Japan are way too expensive and you could get a C class with the price, so I opted for the 180 instead. it's totally fine but kinda wished it had more torque or should I say acceleration, so I was thinking of upgrading the ECU

Attachments

·
Registered
816 Posts
Just a word of caution… "tuning" the engine via ECU modification would be a valid reason by MB to void the engine/drivetrain warranty if any of the components failed. If you are a risk taker and have the money to pay for repairs, might not be an issue for you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I see, I understand your concern, aside form the ECU tuning, anything worth upgrading in the gla that would give some power to the car other than what was mentioned?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well, actually worth upgrading for power and reliability's sake I'd do an intercooler upgrade. Did you tune your GLA?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I decided to to get a racechip ultimate for my car and I'm glad I did, been on a 400km ride last weekend with no problem, along with the pedal box the car goes further and more torque now! from 122bhp/200nm to 156/260, it may not seem much but it's better than before! I guess that would make my car now gla 200?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Well, actually worth upgrading for power and reliability's sake I'd do an intercooler upgrade. Did you tune your GLA?
common, no intercooler on 250 or under need.
45 amg yes if your car make more power like mine and i ll be installing in a few month before heat comes from ams alpha is the best .
c

·
Registered
156 Posts
have anybody tried tuning the ECU so far? I know my GLA has a different engine spec(unlike most markets where 250s are common) I am curious if I should dive into it. the reason is because GLA 250s here in Japan are way too expensive and you could get a C class with the price, so I opted for the 180 instead. it's totally fine but kinda wished it had more torque or should I say acceleration, so I was thinking of upgrading the ECU
I have been looking at this one for a 220d but there are many more if you search on Google for volo-performance-inc.myshopify.com

·
Registered
24 Posts
common, no intercooler on 250 or under need.
45 amg yes if your car make more power like mine and i ll be installing in a few month before heat comes from ams alpha is the best .
c
It's been proven the GLA250 heatsoaks pretty bad after a couple of runs

1 - 10 of 10 Posts