Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While out walking yesterday with the mademoiselle I came across the first GLA45 I have seen in the wild. Lo and behold it was parked next to a new Ford Focus, the Focus was taller...

·
Registered
144 Posts
the mademoiselle, lol
yes it comes into its own as the g forces and speedometer climbs
the battleaxe has a gti and it sits higher which is nice for visibility but dam if it doesnt feel tippy in the turns

·
Registered
184 Posts
the mademoiselle, lol
yes it comes into its own as the g forces and speedometer climbs
the battleaxe has a gti and it sits higher which is nice for visibility but dam if it doesnt feel tippy in the turns
a GTI, tippy? First time I've ever heard that :D;)

·
Registered
144 Posts
exactly, but in comparison the gla 45 corners more flatly and much more neutrally, to be fair hers is a mkV so no brake vectoring but still the gla you sit low

·
Registered
694 Posts
You'll be even more surprised once tuners get their hands on it and start dropping thousands on suspension.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
The GLA45 is going to be an AMAZING track car... I know they've already released several pro-comp-style coilover kits for the CLA45, so I'm sure the GLA45 kits will be next.

Reactions: gurneyeagle

·
Registered
183 Posts
It does look like it could be a very cool track car. I could also see it being a really cool rally style car too. How many of you are planning to take the GLA to the track once you get your hands on it?

·
Registered
144 Posts
GLA45 kits will be next.
i think there is a kw variant 3 out for it. What does that do for it? I was thinking less squat on acceleration and maybe tracks straighter through high speed bumps. What would be really sweet is on the fly damping adjust for a more dr jekyl and mr hyde effect, rather than having to go to each corner with a wrench

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
i think there is a kw variant 3 out for it. What does that do for it? I was thinking less squat on acceleration and maybe tracks straighter through high speed bumps. What would be really sweet is on the fly damping adjust for a more dr jekyl and mr hyde effect, rather than having to go to each corner with a wrench
Tein has the EDFC system, however, they primarily create these parts for JDM spec cars...
http://www.tein.com/products/edfc_active.html

1 - 11 of 11 Posts