Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just took delivery of a new 2016 GLA250 FWD. It's a base package with pano roof and a few other options (no packages). I feel like a got a super good deal on the vehicle. So far, we're happy. I've never owned a European vehicle, so I'm still getting used to the subtle differences. I find it very difficult to know what features I actually have and don't have. The build sheet, window sticker, and owner's manual all are kind of vague and sometimes conflicting. For example, my paperwork came with a Siruis/XM guide, but I don't think I have that option. I can't find instructions for the radio/infotainment system. The PDF version of the infotainment system from the MB website seems to be for a different system. Most of my questions have been answered with google searches and using this site. I plan to do all of the maintenance myself, so I'm sure I'll be asking questions about that when the time comes.

Anyway, I hope it's a good ownership experience and I hope to be able to contribute.

Jeff

Attachments

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Welcome to the GLAowners forum Jeff! Did you receive a paper copy of the manual with your GLA? It's much thinner than they used to be. You'll find a lot more detailed operator manual-type information on your digital operator's manual on your console information system. In my opinion it's harder to work with, but once you get the knack of how to search it's not bad. I think many of us would agree with you that there's a lot of information the dealer didn't tell us and is not readily listed anywhere. However, here's a thread that might interest you...I picked up a few tricks from it:

http://www.glaowners.com/forum/merc...icks-unknown-features-you-discovered-gla.html

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the GLAowners forum Jeff! Did you receive a paper copy of the manual with your GLA? It's much thinner than they used to be. You'll find a lot more detailed operator manual-type information on your digital operator's manual on your console information system. In my opinion it's harder to work with, but once you get the knack of how to search it's not bad. I think many of us would agree with you that there's a lot of information the dealer didn't tell us and is not readily listed anywhere. However, here's a thread that might interest you...I picked up a few tricks from it:

http://www.glaowners.com/forum/merc...icks-unknown-features-you-discovered-gla.html
Thanks turbolink. That thread has already been very useful already and fun to read through. Is there a good resource for MBrace/Mercedes Apps information? I feel like the tutorials on their websites are all for systems quite different from mine.

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Super Moderator
1,900 Posts
From what I've seen, MB documentation is written generically to encompass all versions of different items. It is difficult to filter out what applies to your specific case when they include all other cases. It's one of those things. Best to sit in the car and experiment as you read, IMHO.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Jeff, Your salesperson at the dealership should have given you a run down of the systems. Well, even when they do that it often is just too much info to really stick so I second Wayne's recommendation to just sit in the car for an hour and read through the manual and play with all the buttons and settings.
Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Jeff, Your salesperson at the dealership should have given you a run down of the systems. Well, even when they do that it often is just too much info to really stick so I second Wayne's recommendation to just sit in the car for an hour and read through the manual and play with all the buttons and settings.
Enjoy!
Exactly! Except, I'm slow, I needed several 1-2 hour sessions and still don't have it all. Lots of Easter eggs hidden in our GLAs. :)

·
Registered
608 Posts
Welcome aboard-To have your questions answered, often in minute detail, this forum is the place to go. It's like PT Barnum-Everybody knows something, somebody knows everything.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, I think you all are correct, I'm going to have to just sit down in the vehicle with the manuals and fidget with everything. The person at the dealership that was in charge of showing me how to do stuff didn't seem to know anything about Mbrace. I even specifically asked her a question about it and she acted like she had no idea what I was talking about. She never mention Mercedes apps or IP radio (which I can't get working). Oh well.

The latest issue I'm having is getting my phone's contacts to sync up. It syncs with the wife's, but not mine. I've deleted the bluetooth connection and started over, but that didn't help. I have the setting checked to automatically copy address book, but nothing. This makes setting up a calling list a real pain. Anyway, it will probably just copy over one day for no apparent reason. We'll see.
Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
182 Posts
Jeff, If you're close enough to the dealership that it's convenient, just go back and have someone there set it up correctly. Mercedes is supposed to be all about customer service and it sounds like you didn't get much of it when you bought the car.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks SPG43, I actually was able to get the contacts to sync up a couple of days ago. I ended up changing the way my Android phone handles it's contacts. Now, everything is good.

Thanks!

·
Registered
140 Posts
One thing to remember is that the first phone that the Command will try to link to is the last one that was connected, so if you get into the car with 2 phones that it is aware of it will automatically connect to the same phone as the last time you connected unless you manually connect to another phone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts