Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

81 - 100 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
The location of the Connection (White 8 Pin) is in the N70 OCP. the 1,4 & 7 Pins are what powers the Homelink Mirror. I successfully installed mine the past weekend.

Pin 1 is LIN_B13
Pin 4 is + 12 Volts

Pin 7 is Ground

You need part A1565405605

Worked in my 2017 GLA 250

·
Registered
450 Posts
The location of the Connection (White 8 Pin) is in the N70 OCP. the 1,4 & 7 Pins are what powers the Homelink Mirror. I successfully installed mine the past weekend.

Pin 1 is LIN_B13
Pin 4 is + 12 Volts

Pin 7 is Ground

You need part A1565405605

Worked in my 2017 GLA 250

Thanks! The part number A1768210136 is the sos/call switch trimming, we already have this on our GLA.

Part A1565405605 is the wiring harness? I am trying to figure out how you used the harness or just a connector or wire from the harness? The homelink mirror you are referring to is the Mercedes Mirror with the homelink buttons?

Sorry for the questions, just trying to visualize what you are talking about and how the trim piece and the harness all come together.

Here is my N70, the left side white connector does not have any connection now, or are you referring to the left connector?

Here is the homelink mirror I bought recently:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sorry about the SOS Part , that was for another user.

I tried to post a Photo but, I am too new to post images. So, yes to the Mirror question. It is the Factory Mirror. What needs to be done is, remove the 3 Pins from the A1565405605 white Plug and insert those wires in to the Right Side White Plug on the overhead Control Unit. They go in positions 1,4 &7. The wire is a little long so I coiled it up and plugged it in like the one on the right in your Photo.

Pin 1 is Orange

Pin 4 is Red/Blue
Pin 7 is Brown/ White

From the back of the White Plug in the N70

O O O O Top Row

4 3 2 1

O O O O Bottom Row

8 7 6 5

·
Registered
16 Posts
Please let me know if this makes sense.

To remove the three wires from the A1565405605 Cable you’ll need a Watch makers Screwdriver or a Large Paper Clip. The front of the White Plug has 16 small holes on its face. The upper and lower rows of holes are where you will insert the Paper Clip to release the Pin retainer. There are two access doors on the top and bottom of the Plug that need to be opened in order to press down on the Pin retainer to complete the Pin’s removal.

Attachments

·
Registered
450 Posts
Please let me know if this makes sense.

To remove the three wires from the A1565405605 Cable you’ll need a Watch makers Screwdriver or a Large Paper Clip. The front of the White Plug has 16 small holes on its face. The upper and lower rows of holes are where you will insert the Paper Clip to release the Pin retainer. There are two access doors on the top and bottom of the Plug that need to be opened in order to press down on the Pin retainer to complete the Pin’s removal.

This is excellent! I will try this once I get the harness.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Yes! Now I have my garage door opener working! Thanks again @Dick Ratway!

I tucked the wire to the passenger side roof. I used another firm wire to fish it through the opening where the mirror and rain sensor is. I bought a roll of Tesa tape from eBay and taped it on a few spots where the wire is loose.

One thing that I did when removing and inserting the pins was not lifting the door the way you had it in the picture because that may cause the door not to fit firmly back in.

When it’s lifted, use the paper clip or a small flathead screwdriver to push the pins down through the slot and at the same time pulling the wire out.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Welcome to the GLA forum. The document or whatever it was never got attached to the post.

As you participate in our discussions it will be helpful to others here if you add location, GLA model and year to your member profile, which will then display under your screen name with each post. You can do so from the User CP link on the upper right of most browsers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ordered the harness and a used mirror ofrom a wrecked CLA. I understand how to insert the pins in the correct position for the wiring harness etc, but how do I actually remove the original mirror? I know I need to first remove the covers from around the mirrors, but how do I do that? Once I have the covers off, is it self explanatory or do I need further instruction to actually remove the original mirror? I can probably figure this out, but I am paranoid about messing up the covers or damaging something trying to pry the covers off.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I ordered the harness and a used mirror ofrom a wrecked CLA. I understand how to insert the pins in the correct position for the wiring harness etc, but how do I actually remove the original mirror? I know I need to first remove the covers from around the mirrors, but how do I do that? Once I have the covers off, is it self explanatory or do I need further instruction to actually remove the original mirror? I can probably figure this out, but I am paranoid about messing up the covers or damaging something trying to pry the covers off.
Hi Brian, you need a wrench where the mirror connects to the roof, turn to the right. This will twist the mirror and dislodge it. Putting it back in is the reverse.

See step 5.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

81 - 100 of 115 Posts