Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

61 - 80 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
well thanks to firstdown80 and part# A 156-540-01-06 that he found i've made some progress.
it looks like that harness if swapped with the factory installed harness will add the auto dim mirror.
the red circles in the attached pictures show the 2 mirror connectors, the white for the led map lights and the missing blue for auto dim,compass and homelink.
so now a new a problem of trying to figure out how to swap them.
it looks like the harness connects to another somewhere down the right side "A" pillar?

Good to see these pictures. Does homelink work as well?

Are the other connector ends of the blue and white wire connected to the overhead console? If so, see if you can unwrap the wires from the black protective wrap and remove the other wires. Rewrap it and tuck it overhead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts

Are the other connector ends of the blue and white wire connected to the overhead console? If so, see if you can unwrap the wires from the black protective wrap and remove the other wires. Rewrap it and tuck it overhead.

i'll check on that

·
Registered
24 Posts

unwrapped the black covering and as the pictures show there are 2 short jumpers, the blue goes from the mirror to the blue socket on the left side of the console. after connecting it still no homelink or auto dim?
the other jumper has a white connector that goes in the empty white socket on the left side of the console but the other end has a black connector that's mate is unknown as far as i can see.

i'm giving up on the factory mirror and going back to trying to use an after market mirror, they connect with just +12v and ground, the problem i'm having though is since they all mount out the back of mirror i cannot get them adjusted.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Motrac

Thanks for the post and the pictures. It looks like it is possible. I wonder if all three of the wires can be combined into one Pos (+) and use a common Neg (-) on the same fuse.

MercedesSource on YouTube has a video on how he wired one to the sun roof power and didn't need to go down the A pillar.

·
Registered
24 Posts
ok, i got it. after receiving the harness from the dealer and removing the black cover to expose the individual smaller harnesses i realized that since the small harness with the blue connector on each end was for the mirror with one end going to the mirror and the other to the blue socket on the over head console i decided to do some hunting.
i had a blue connector in the console with the same wire colors as the one from dealer so i figured the other end that plugged in the mirror was tucked away in the head liner.
by pulling down on the headliner and wedging a block of wood between it and the roof i used a dental mirror and fiber optic camera and found the other end.
you can't just look for an unplugged blue connector as they have it covered with a gray foam sleeve, it isn't easy to find.
now i have auto dim and homelink.

·
Registered
450 Posts
ok, i got it. after receiving the harness from the dealer and removing the black cover to expose the individual smaller harnesses i realized that since the small harness with the blue connector on each end was for the mirror with one end going to the mirror and the other to the blue socket on the over head console i decided to do some hunting.
i had a blue connector in the console with the same wire colors as the one from dealer so i figured the other end that plugged in the mirror was tucked away in the head liner.
by pulling down on the headliner and wedging a block of wood between it and the roof i used a dental mirror and fiber optic camera and found the other end.
you can't just look for an unplugged blue connector as they have it covered with a gray foam sleeve, it isn't easy to find.

Hope you got some pictures. So the part was right, just need some elbow grease. Congrats!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well Done, Motrac !!

A friend was telling me that logically Mercedes would have the car wired for the blue plug, since he didn't see that they would rewire an entire car for one accessory. I am really happy to hear that you found it.

Since it works, it sounds like you didn't need to update/upgrade the car's computer.

You are my hero. With pictures you could be elevated even higher. :)

·
Registered
450 Posts
p.s. - Was that harness from the dealer required or is it as simple as white to white and blue to blue ?
It sounds like he fished the wire under the roof lining. The harness he bought I guess helped him to the connection sorted out.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
450 Posts

@motrac, I traced my blue connector wires and it seems like it’s going to the rain sensor. I put an endoscope into my headliner and I don’t see any connector or foam covered connector. I had my endoscope through the overhead console as well as through the headliner at the windshield on both passenger and driver side.

Maybe I don’t have the blue connector like you have.

If I don’t find it, i will offer the mirror up for sale.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New 2017 GLA250 owner :)

Hi everyone - very excited to find this forum and see this thread on installing rear view mirrors. I'm hoping someone out there can advise me. I just bought a low mileage 2017 GLA250 and got it home to discover that I didn't have the integrated garage opener on my rear view mirror - I do have the dimming feature however. My husband says if I buy one he can install it so....I texted my sales person at the dealership to make sure I had the correct wiring harness already in the car and she told me my car wouldn't accept that type of mirror because "there is code for the garage door opener on a GLA that your car does not have. So, no - you cannot install it because it did not come with the code from the factory."

Do any of you know about this code and if I can have the dealership add the code? The sales person has not responded to further questioning from me :(

Thanks to anyone who see this and responds!

d

·
Registered
450 Posts
Hi everyone - very excited to find this forum and see this thread on installing rear view mirrors. I'm hoping someone out there can advise me. I just bought a low mileage 2017 GLA250 and got it home to discover that I didn't have the integrated garage opener on my rear view mirror - I do have the dimming feature however. My husband says if I buy one he can install it so....I texted my sales person at the dealership to make sure I had the correct wiring harness already in the car and she told me my car wouldn't accept that type of mirror because "there is code for the garage door opener on a GLA that your car does not have. So, no - you cannot install it because it did not come with the code from the factory."

Do any of you know about this code and if I can have the dealership add the code? The sales person has not responded to further questioning from me :(

Thanks to anyone who see this and responds!

d

Welcome to the forum Denise Day. I am also trying to install one and can’t seem to find the connector. In the above post, I believe only 2 persons have successfully connected. But non have responded to my post so far. The SA Code 232 for Garage Door opener.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Today I got my windshealth changed and I took the opportunity to look for that elusive connector for the home link. Unfortunately my model does not have the same wiring as @motrac so no go for me.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
The part number is A1768210136. Search ebay and you can see how it is attached. Basically, just pull down on the leading edge towards the OCP.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You will need Part A1565405605. remove the Pins from the White Connector and insert them in to the OCP N70 pins 1,4 and 7. I just installed the Homelink Mirror in my 2017 GLA 250 and it is working .

61 - 80 of 115 Posts