Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saludos...

I have in transit a rear view mirror with the homelink system for replacing the original one in my 2015 gla 250. I've scoured other forums including the CLA ones and youtube but can't find instructions on how to safely remove/replace it. Closest thing is one particular link showing the plastic pieces around the mirror stem stating they snap together but no additional info on the procedure for safely removing them to get to the mirror attachment. Appreciate any guidance :)...

JSR:.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Saludos...

I have in transit a rear view mirror with the homelink system for replacing the original one in my 2015 gla 250. I've scoured other forums including the CLA ones and youtube but can't find instructions on how to safely remove/replace it. Closest thing is one particular link showing the plastic pieces around the mirror stem stating they snap together but no additional info on the procedure for safely removing them to get to the mirror attachment. Appreciate any guidance :)...

JSR can you list where you purchased the rear view mirror with homelink along with how you go with install? I've been trying to find a way of retrofitting homelink but can't find anything online.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sure... bought it used in ebay. Now, for some time now I had an active search on ebay looking for either a CLA250 14-15 rear view mirror or GLA250 2015 with homelink and the compass. A GLA rearview mirror is being sold as of this moment but the seller is asking $432.99 (ebay item description: Interior Overhead Rear View Mirror Black OEM Mercedes GLA250 X156 2015-16) :eek:. Found a CLA250 14-15 with homelink and the compass for $100 (ebay item description at the time of purchase: 14 15 Mercedes CLA Class CLA250 CLA45 Rear View Mirror Home Link & Compass OEM). I suggest you program a similar search and wait a bit. Don't know if other model MB will fit our GLA's but this particular years CLA's will (at least for the USA ones it seems).

·
Registered
140 Posts
Here's a company that I know of that has the HomeLink system in several versions, in mirror and others. These are original factory parts.
I have no interest in the company but I know they've been around since the 70s since they used to be a customer of mine back then. Not too many people last that long in business :)
Welcome to MITO-Auto

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok... need some additional help. The whole plastic assembly around the mirror stem which houses the emergency call & phone assistance buttons keeps coming out as one piece. I can't find the trick to separating the part housing the buttons from the rest (see included picture). Experience showed me to be quite cautious when applying force to separate plastic from anything. Anyone who has done this who can shed some light? how do they separate? any good/particular area to pry for detachment? up, down, side, bottom, some idea of the force involved when prying?

Thxs!

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Basic rearview mirror

Anyone looking to sell the basic rearview mirror? Perhaps when the mirror was replaced you have the basic one and would like to sell?

THanks

Allan

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone,

I just bought used 2016 CLA 4matic Sport+ version. Unfortunately it came with manual rear mirror and I do need the homelink functionality. (I know... that this is GLAOwners forum, but CLA forum is not as knowledgeable as you are).

I searched using Google to get some details about the possibility of replacing manual mirror with Homelink version. After seeing rear view removal posts in GLAOwners forum I was able to download your rear mirror removal instructions. I joined the forum today especially just to see if someone can provide me with some guidance.

I bought self-dimming rear view mirror from late 2014 CLA. It arrived last Friday. Unfortunately my existing harness is missing the 3 conductor blue connector wiring. I am trying to have the yard remove the harness for me. I am hoping that maybe someone here has some information on the system connection points of the blue rear mirror connector.

Knowing that CLA and GLA share most of the systems, I hope that the connections points are the same.

I would appreciate any help you are willing to provide.
Thank you in advance,

Zig

·
Registered
439 Posts
Saludos...

Hi jsrshaman, would you have the part number for the replacement?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi everyone,

I bought self-dimming rear view mirror from late 2014 CLA. It arrived last Friday. Unfortunately my existing harness is missing the 3 conductor blue connector wiring. I am trying to have the yard remove the harness for me. I am hoping that maybe someone here has some information on the system connection points of the blue rear mirror connector.

Knowing that CLA and GLA share most of the systems, I hope that the connections points are the same.

I would appreciate any help you are willing to provide.
Thank you in advance,

Zig
has anyone figured how to do this? i just installed a homelink, auto dimming, w/compass in my '18 Gla 250 but also missing blue connector that goes to overhead console that mates with blue connector on mirror.
blue connector has 3 wires, empty slot in console has 3 pins.

·
Registered
439 Posts
has anyone figured how to do this? i just installed a homelink, auto dimming, w/compass in my '18 Gla 250 but also missing blue connector that goes to overhead console that mates with blue connector on mirror.

blue connector has 3 wires, empty slot in console has 3 pins.

Maybe pictures would help. But doesn’t it have the same connections as shown here. WeGla250 attached a scan copy of this.

See attached. Maybe this will help.

·
Registered
24 Posts
can't tell from your picture, can't make it bigger to see connectors?

it looks like a jumper is needed to connect the blue plug on the mirror to the empty slot on the left side of the overhead console?

photo 1: plugs from mirror
photo 2: left side overhead console with 1 empty slot
photo 3: right side overhead console where white connector is plugged in.

Attachments

·
Registered
439 Posts
can't tell from your picture, can't make it bigger to see connectors?

it looks like a jumper is needed to connect the blue plug on the mirror to the empty slot on the left side of the overhead console?

photo 1: plugs from mirror
photo 2: left side overhead console with 1 empty slot
photo 3: right side overhead console where white connector is plugged in.

It looks like you need the wire harness for this. Maybe @WeGla250 have a diagram of the overhead console and the part number for it. Or someone with EPC-online access can get the part.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It looks like you need the wire harness for this. Maybe @WeGla250 have a diagram of the overhead console and the part number for it. Or someone with EPC-online access can get the part.

yes that's what i've determined. just need the short jumper from mirror to overhead console but i would need the part # to order it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi - I just got a 2018 CLA250 and it came with the standard manual dimming mirror.

Ebay has several auto dimming with Homelink that say will fit 2015 - 2016 CLAs. Has the mirror mount or the wiring changed between 2016 and 2018 models ?

Thanks - Dorothy

·
Registered
439 Posts
Hi - I just got a 2018 CLA250 and it came with the standard manual dimming mirror.

Ebay has several auto dimming with Homelink that say will fit 2015 - 2016 CLAs. Has the mirror mount or the wiring changed between 2016 and 2018 models ?

Thanks - Dorothy

Hi DorothyMacaw, welcome to the forum.

I don’t believe there are wiring changes. But good to pop the cover off to see what you’ve got before going off to buy one.

·
Registered
439 Posts
yes that's what i've determined. just need the short jumper from mirror to overhead console but i would need the part # to order it.

Hi motrac, was there a wire going to your rain/sentinel sensor? I am thinking that the blue connector goes to this sensor. I have seen other Merz connecting the blue connector to this sensor.

It’s a rain and light sensor. I believe the current connector is a white one.

I am about to get one soon as well. I am also hoping someone who has completed this provide some pictures.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi motrac, was there a wire going to your rain/sentinel sensor? I am thinking that the blue connector goes to this sensor. I have seen other Merz connecting the blue connector to this sensor.

It’s a rain and light sensor. I believe the current connector is a white one.

I am about to get one soon as well. I am also hoping someone who has completed this provide some pictures.

yes there is a white connector there, there are only 3 wires in the blue connector and 2phast said MB usually uses brown for ground so that leaves the other 2 most likely +12v so i'm going to use a 12v wall wart and try to get the homelink function to work outside the car. if i can then i'll just tap into the +12v wire for the map lights and forget about where the blue connector plugs in.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts