Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an after market illuminated logo for my 2021 GLA Mercedes Benz. I want to take out the OEM one and put in the lighted one. Does anyone have a tuturial on how to do this? Can it be easily done or are there sensors behind the logo that would not work with the aftermarket logo? Below is a link to the one i purchased off of ebay. Please help

·
Super Moderator
740 Posts
If you have Active Distance Assist DISTRONIC cruise control you might not be able to replace the star, the sensor for this is built into the star.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The car when on cruise control. I would need to brake. It does not brake on its own. How do you remove the star on the 2021 to see if I can do it myself?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The car will alert while driving if I get to close to another vehicle. But on cruise control it does not slow down automatically.

·
Super Moderator
740 Posts
Does the current star have a smooth solid panel right behind the star Or is there a open space that has a screen a few inches back?

·
Super Moderator
740 Posts
Solid background right behind the star that is most likely the radar and you might not be able to have the light star. Check to see if there are any wires going to the back of the center logo.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts