Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How often do you check your engine oil... every week once a month or never... also do you check oil level when cold or after a drive and the car has warmed up to temperature.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I think the answer would be you MUST check your engine oil and how often depends on number of miles you drive and the nature of your driving. This is from the GLA owners manual and did somewhat surprise me (also manual does not state whether this applies to non AMG and/or AMG versions:

Depending on your driving style, the vehicle
consumes up to 0.9 US qt (0.8 liters) of oil per
600 miles (1,000 km). The oil consumption
may be higher than this when the vehicle is
new or if you frequently drive at high engine
speeds.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes have read it and was more curious if drivers did it more often than not

·
Registered
694 Posts
If you drive harder, you'll want to increase the frequency that you check you oil. This will apply most to GLA 45 owners :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm not used to checking my oil myself.

Is there enough oil in the reservoir to last between oil changes every 15,000 kms?

Would we get a notice or something from the car if it was running low?

·
Registered
694 Posts
I'm not used to checking my oil myself.

Is there enough oil in the reservoir to last between oil changes every 15,000 kms?

Would we get a notice or something from the car if it was running low?
As the oil gets worked into the engine between scheduled oil service intervals, it can begin to get lower in quantity. It's just a good practice to check your oil to know what's going on in the engine.

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
Oil drains back down into the pan when the engine is turned off. So once oil is filled first time in the factory, the places it can't drain from have no affect on oil level. Only reasons oil level lowers between service intervals is oil consumed in combustion process and external leakage

1 - 8 of 8 Posts