Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found aftermarket hood struts to install instead of having to use that stupid prop......:D

Reactions: 23481

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I cannot believe how difficult it has been to find anyone who does aftermarket struts for the GLA.....I guess I will have to give this one up for now...lol

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks olmate I worked in China for 3 years so I have many connections and I will dig into this further and see how easily I can have these shipped to Canada.....I noticed they set up for a single strut, if I can get them shipped I think I will do the double strut and see how it looks....seems to be plug and play without having to do any drilling or mod to the hood or engine bay so thats a good thing.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thanks olmate I worked in China for 3 years so I have many connections and I will dig into this further and see how easily I can have these shipped to Canada.....I noticed they set up for a single strut, if I can get them shipped I think I will do the double strut and see how it looks....seems to be plug and play without having to do any drilling or mod to the hood or engine bay so thats a good thing.

Hello bellermb....let us know how you go, i was thinking using the two as well if i go ahead

·
Registered
815 Posts
Whoever decides to take the plunge first with this mod, please take pics and do a write up since I would like to include in the 'Modifications, Accessories and Add Ons' Discussion.

thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quick update on this....I have 2 sets ordered should arrive in 10 to 14 days at which time I will install them and provide a step by step as to what I did....all of the feedback on the site from customers was very positive (in Mandarin if course).

·
Registered
356 Posts
Quick update on this....I have 2 sets ordered should arrive in 10 to 14 days at which time I will install them and provide a step by step as to what I did....all of the feedback on the site from customers was very positive (in Mandarin if course).
That's great to hear. Hope to read about your experiences and a step by step instructions soon. :)

·
Registered
694 Posts
Funny how Mercedes didn't include these on the GLA, what a way to cut costs on something that doesn't cost much to integrate and parts could have come from another model. Seems like something they can add in a future model year.

·
Registered
80 Posts
amazing! would love to hear any information and feedback on installation and the quality of the struts.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok I received the two strut kits I ordered, unfortunately it is designed only to work on the left side but that is ok because it works great and quality is very good....the strut is manufactured in Germany so no cheap knock off. I have attached the instructions in a PDF as to how I installed it and I have an extra one on hand......

Attachments

·
Registered
694 Posts
Ok I received the two strut kits I ordered, unfortunately it is designed only to work on the left side but that is ok because it works great and quality is very good....the strut is manufactured in Germany so no cheap knock off. I have attached the instructions in a PDF as to how I installed it and I have an extra one on hand......
Being a knock off I hope they will at least last long enough since when they go it can get annoying.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hmmmm....thought I clearly stated they are not knockoffs but Manufactured in Germany by a reputable supplier of struts.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
m-type the website was posted earlier in the thread its in China so unless you have some Chinese friends to help you out it could be a challenge.....the cost per set including shipping to my location in Canada was $75.00 USD per set.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have an extra hood strut available and will sell for my cost + shipping....if there is no interest I will post on Kijiji here in Canada....please see my previous post for my cost on the strut.....thanks all

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.