Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone knows where I can order a genuine hood insulator pad to reduce engine heat and protect my paint? I’ve looked on amazon and eBay and can’t find for 2016 GLA250 4Matic

·
Super Moderator
1,558 Posts
A few years ago this question was asked. At the time tree CLA pad was used by a couple members.

My concerns would be reducing air flow between the hood and the windshield and reduced heat loss through the hood itself resulting in increased temperatures around the motor.

·
Registered
223 Posts
You can buy a CLA hood/bonnet pad off eBay and slightly modify. I've considered it myself. However I think the Benz engineers determined that there was sufficient hood-engine clearance in the GLA to not require same and as Wayne cited likely better airflow without (this engine certainly gets very hot in normal operation). Being aluminum the hood is an excellent heatsink-radiator. But I agree that a pad would provide some noise abatement which was likely more of a design consideration in the CLA sedan.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Anyone knows where I can order a genuine hood insulator pad to reduce engine heat and protect my paint? I’ve looked on amazon and eBay and can’t find for 2016 GLA250 4Matic
The GLA's are coming thru with them standard so why not try the Dealer. You may have to ask for a 2017 or 2018 model but they are there I am sure.
20170622_121135.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts