Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never had an integrated garage door opener before. I wasn't able to get it to sync with the garage door opener for my condo. Is there a trick to make it work? Is it possible that my building's garage door is incompatible?

·
Registered
355 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea that's pretty much the procedure the manual describes. I did that and it didn't work.

Good job on the 45!

·
Registered
816 Posts
Yea that's pretty much the procedure the manual describes. I did that and it didn't work.

Good job on the 45!
Does the condo garage door have a fixed coded or rolling code system?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No idea. I live close to the dealership so my sales rep is coming over today to program it for me. Hope he figures it out.

·
Registered
816 Posts
If it is a rolling code type (almost all newer garage opener units are rolling code type), there is a protocol of going to the actual door opener (the drive unit), pressing the "Learn" button on the device and then within 30 seconds pressing one of the home link buttons (doesn't matter which one…the one you want to press to open the garage door). Once you push the button for 2 seconds the light will blink and release for 2 seconds and press again for 2 seconds and link should stay green BUT if it is still blinking repeat 2 second process until light stays on.

Assume your condo as common underground parking and if yes garage opener is a commercial unit and they can be tricky to link.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Just programmed mine last night. Follow the procedure, then you do have to push the "learn" button on the opener's motor housing, then some more button pushing on the homelink. You may want another person to help you. Worked great for me, and only if you have an older 'non-rolling code' opener (mine does, and it's 10 years old!) do you NOT need to press the learn button on the opener housing itself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks, had to forego the premium package for the interior color I wanted. Does anyone know if there's an aftermarket solution? I have gate, and 2 garage doors... the remotes alone takes up all the space in my glove compartment (ugh!!)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for posting that video, will have to reference that once I get the car

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You guys are lucky. Mine literally doesn't recognize my garage door fob. I can get it into programming mode, but nothing happens when I hold my garage door opener to it. I've messed around with many different angles and distances but nothing works.

My sales rep tried and it didn't work for him either. He wants to have a tech look at it. So weird because my building is only 4 years old. You'd think it would be compatible.

·
Registered
31 Posts
You guys are lucky. Mine literally doesn't recognize my garage door fob. I can get it into programming mode, but nothing happens when I hold my garage door opener to it. I've messed around with many different angles and distances but nothing works.

My sales rep tried and it didn't work for him either. He wants to have a tech look at it. So weird because my building is only 4 years old. You'd think it would be compatible.
Hey Angloman,

I had a similar issue a couple of years ago when I replaced my garage door opener. I contacted the manufacturer and explained to them the issue, turns out that they sent me a little box for free that allows it to recognize the home link of the car I was having problems with.
Hope is helps...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You contacted the garage door mfg? I live in a condo building and I honestly don't know anything about our door but maybe I'll inquire. I didn't know that was possible.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was Looking for the best garage Door Openers and some other issues related to their installation and so i found this discussion.I want some suggestions that which will be best and good quality garage door opener? also i saw somewhere that it may start making noises and it may have small range so which will be the quietest and longer range with best in quality.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Heys!
Have a GLA 250 4matic 2020 year, and cant make the garage door to work. The door is Hoerman with HSM4-868 remote control. That one is a constant code so supposed to be easy.
I run a programming as the manual suggests and everything looks rosy - HL picks up the signal and the control lamp lights green at the end, but pressing the button does nothing, door not opening.
I tried another door with another RC and it works flawlessly, so the unit itself is operational.
Tried it a dozen times already, no banana.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I’m sure you’ve already tried this but you have to press and hold the button for a second or so for it to start opening/closing the garage door, if you’re just short press and releasing it that might be it.

If the lights are green are responding then it should just be an issue with programming it, I know I had a bit of trouble the first time I did it, walked away and came back and got it the second time.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yup, I know that. Have an older Touareg and both RCs working there just fine.

Puzzling thing is that on GLA HL responds ok to programming and does not work after. Did a bit of research and got a theory about that.

As I told I use 2 RCs: Cane 433 MHz and Hoerman 868 MHz. At the same time local certified frequency is 433 MHz. So Cane works fine. As for 868 MHz looks like HL can read the signal on that frequency but the ability to transmit was removed to pass local certification. That’s a speculation, but so far only explanation I came with considering lack of detailed specs in manual and vague replies from MB and HL representatives.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts