Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I recently bought a 2016 GLA-250 and am trying to find a hitch for it (I don't want to lift bikes up on top of my car, and I have a great matching teardrop trailer I'd like to pull).

The suppliers tell me that there is a hitch listed for the 2015 but not the 2016. Does anyone know what the difference is between the two model years and whether the 2015 hitch will fit on the 2016 body? I suppose worst case I can just buy the 2015 and see if it fits.

Thanks for the help.
Ned.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello,
I recently bought a 2016 GLA-250 and am trying to find a hitch for it (I don't want to lift bikes up on top of my car, and I have a great matching teardrop trailer I'd like to pull).

The suppliers tell me that there is a hitch listed for the 2015 but not the 2016. Does anyone know what the difference is between the two model years and whether the 2015 hitch will fit on the 2016 body? I suppose worst case I can just buy the 2015 and see if it fits.

Thanks for the help.
Ned.

Bueller? Bueller?

Still no 2016 owners with a hitch? Further research suggests the hitch fits the GLA fine unless it has the sports package, which changes the trim. Can anyone confirm?

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
As far as I know, there were no changes between 2015 and 2016 that would affect the hitch mount.

On the sport package trim, there were some previous threads in this forum that addressed install of the Curt hitch that may be helpful to you.

Seems like I remember seeing that the GLA45 needed trimming of a heat shield. Not sure about GLA250.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As far as I know, there were no changes between 2015 and 2016 that would affect the hitch mount.

On the sport package trim, there were some previous threads in this forum that addressed install of the Curt hitch that may be helpful to you.

Seems like I remember seeing that the GLA45 needed trimming of a heat shield. Not sure about GLA250.
Thanks, that was what I needed to know. I also discovered that the wiring is a nightmare. Mercedes offers absolutely zero US wiring adapters.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts