Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a new GLA 220 4matic (Aug 2015). There is a constant high-pitched noise, probably coming from the front assembly. Left front wheel if I had to guess. Almost feels like fine vibrations through the floor and steering wheel
I have contacted the dealer and they have had the car for a day without finding the source or the reason.
It is best heard (most annoying) at a speed up to 70 kmh. probably overshadowed by wind noise above 70
The pitch and frequency is constant, not related to either ground speed or engine speed.
My question is if anyone else is experiencing this with their new GLA and if anyone has any clue what this could be.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If it is constant and not related to the engine speed or wheel speed then my hunch would be HVAC - have you tried turning that off and seeing if it goes away? Could be a fan or compressor.

·
Registered
182 Posts
The pitch and frequency is constant, not related to either ground speed or engine speed.
Grasping at straws here, but this would indicate to me that it is more likely to be an electronic component and not a moving part.
Do you get this sound when the key is in the on position but the engine isn't running?
It might even be in the audio system with a bad ground causing the sound to come out of your speaker.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.