Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! New member to the forum here.

I recently picked up a '19 GLA45 and I love it to death. I am a tinkerer, however, and I would like to install a downpipe and exhaust system to the new beast. I live in MD and am not terribly familiar with their emissions requirements. I planned on getting a high-flow cat (200-cell) to hopefully pass. I know that lower cell can throw CELs, but I do not believe a 200 will throw any codes. Besides that, does anyone know if a 200-cell will pass MD emissions testing?

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
join a hi volume car forum that mods alot, mustang, for ex,
find the state sub forum and noodle about for what the current level of probing is.

I also have a 19, with bits on the shelf waiting install impetus.
amoung the bits is a RSE, catless, wrapped.

Useful how tos are very hard to find, most vids are clowns bringing dads car to a hotrod shop, no useful procedure tips at all.
there is a very good vid on not busting the bumper during a grill swap, look for that. red car

·
Super Moderator
690 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I'm pleased to read that you are considering a high flow cat. I wish some others were as environmentally responsible in their own quests for more performance. Well done!! (y)
Hello! New member to the forum here so forgive me if I place this post in the wrong section.

I recently picked up a '19 GLA45 and I love it to death. I am a tinkerer, however, and I would like to install a downpipe and exhaust system to the new beast. I live in MD and am not terribly familiar with their emissions requirements. I planned on getting a high-flow cat (200-cell) to hopefully pass. I know that lower cell can throw CELs, but I do not believe a 200 will throw any codes. Besides that, does anyone know if a 200-cell will pass MD emissions testing?

Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
690 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I'm pleased to read that you are considering a high flow cat. I wish some others were as environmentally responsible in their own quests for more performance. Well done!! (y)
Hello! New member to the forum here so forgive me if I place this post in the wrong section.

Thank you!

·
Registered
435 Posts
I'm curious about emissions testing lately also. Gonna have to start that sooner or later, and CA is not kind about it.

Right now I just removed my piggyback but installed the turbosmart kompact BOV (to be honest it was an impulse buy and now I am nearly convinced it is useless in our cars) and am checking the emissions monitor readiness alarms daily to see when they click over to all passing. Still hasn't happened yet. Not sure if it ever will with that thing on there or if it really takes just miles and miles and miles to clear.

Very much curious if emissions can be passed also with a reputable catted DP. assuming one can be found that "looks OEM" to the inspector and won't fault the visual based on that alone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts