Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't have the car yet, but if someone is willing to try, please post back. Just be careful not to mess something up in those menus!

On central console, push and hold three buttons at the same time until menu appears (about 10 sec): # and 1 and red phone hangup

On the instrument panel: turn ignition, but don't start the engine, press green phone pickup button and 'OK' button at the same time and hold.

I'm not sure if those two are the same or different menus.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Don't have the car yet, but if someone is willing to try, please post back. Just be careful not to mess something up in those menus!

On central console, push and hold three buttons at the same time until menu appears (about 10 sec): # and 1 and red phone hangup

On the instrument panel: turn ignition, but don't start the engine, press green phone pickup button and 'OK' button at the same time and hold.

I'm not sure if those two are the same or different menus.
I haven't'the tried this on my GLA, but it worked on my CLA, which had essentially the same electronics.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I wonder if I'll be able to do things like:
- change ECO mode to default off
- switch auto-headlight to off

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE on both of those!!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I haven't'the tried this on my GLA, but it worked on my CLA, which had essentially the same electronics.

So what were you able to accomplish by accessing these menus?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I just went through all the settings. There are pages of information but more are not of any use to me. I'll post a picture of the main screen in just a minute when I upload my photos.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Here's a pick from the main screen. Most of the screens are info about the system. There is a diagnostic history screen which was pretty cool to see some old error codes. I'll play a bit more tomorrow and see if there is anything cool. Right now it just looks like it has version info, a couple diagnostic screens, etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
HumblePie beat me to it :)

Although my main menu looks different (I don't have nav/multimedia tho, so that might be why).

Nice thing was I could do this with the ignition on while I was waiting in line for the car wash. About the only useful menu item for me is under Sound you can adjust crossover and levels for each speaker. It's also nice to be able to actually reset the bluetooth system if there is ever an issue. Other than that it's more informational than anything else.

I was never able to get the 2nd option (green phone an Ok button) to do anything.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Here's a pick from the main screen. Most of the screens are info about the system. There is a diagnostic history screen which was pretty cool to see some old error codes. I'll play a bit more tomorrow and see if there is anything cool. Right now it just looks like it has version info, a couple diagnostic screens, etc.
HumblePie beat me to it :)

Although my main menu looks different (I don't have nav/multimedia tho, so that might be why).

Nice thing was I could do this with the ignition on while I was waiting in line for the car wash. About the only useful menu item for me is under Sound you can adjust crossover and levels for each speaker. It's also nice to be able to actually reset the bluetooth system if there is ever an issue. Other than that it's more informational than anything else.

I was never able to get the 2nd option (green phone an Ok button) to do anything.

Thanks guys!

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
My experience was same as TwoAlpha. I got same screen the center console buttons and could not get the OK/Green Phone buttons to do anything.

Questions:
1. Only OK button I see is the one on the steering wheel. Are we to hold down the wheel OK button and the Green Phone on the dash? Or did I misunderstand?
2. Found a number of system codes stored. Any one have a translation sheet for what they mean?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Boxster986S: yes, you do want to use the steering wheel buttons for this.

I've searched and found this youtube video, they turn the ignition key, wait for what looks like an airbag icon to disappear, and then push and hold 'OK' and 'phone answer' buttons on the steering wheel to get the menu to show up on the instrument panel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycU2KAOlGt8

1 - 13 of 13 Posts