Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my new 2015 GLA250 last week. Just went into the dealership to take a look and just a few hours later was the owner or a designo mountain grey magno.
Any advice on looking after the matte paint would be greatly appreciated. Should I order paint care products from Mercedes or go after market? So far I have only read good reviews about Nanolex. Sorry if there are threads on this already but any direction would be greatly appreciated.
I just plan on adding a bicycle roof rack and a hitch so I can carry more bikes as I need to carry for 4 bikes at a time for the whole family!!
Very excited to read more threads....thank you for all the time and effort you have put in to help everyone. Hopefully I will be able to contribute in some fashion.
Cheers....

·
Registered
816 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Of course pics and more details of your GLA would be great.

Concerning the GLA color you got… rock chips etc are practically impossible to repair without a total repaint (of the part effected such as the front fascia) so I would strongly suggest you find a clear bra installer that has the experience and expertise to install a matte finish clear bra on the front fascia/hood/mirrors etc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks....great idea. Will definitely consider some matte clear bra.

I did research caring for the matte designo mountain grey magno paint and wanted to share what I found. My Mercedes dealership had no idea and indicated Mercedes has no recommended product. Funny how both BMW and Hyundai do recommend products though!!

I looked at Dr Beasley's and Swissvax but the reviews indicated that the products left some streaking. I did find good reviews on a German product by Nanolex and just tried it today.....a surface cleaner, a sealant and a finishing solution. The results were phenomenal and I highly recommend this brand. I will attach some photos later on...this paint color is amazing how it is really matte in the shade and the metallic in it really glows in the sun.

Also just ordered a Curt tow hitch which will be installed next week as well as the Thule roof rack base system and Yakima front loading bike racks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks....great idea. Will definitely consider some matte clear bra.

I did research caring for the matte designo mountain grey magno paint and wanted to share what I found. My Mercedes dealership had no idea and indicated Mercedes has no recommended product. Funny how both BMW and Hyundai do recommend products though!!

I looked at Dr Beasley's and Swissvax but the reviews indicated that the products left some streaking. I did find good reviews on a German product by Nanolex and just tried it today.....a surface cleaner, a sealant and a finishing solution. The results were phenomenal and I highly recommend this brand. I will attach some photos later on...this paint color is amazing how it is really matte in the shade and the metallic in it really glows in the sun.

Also just ordered a Curt tow hitch which will be installed next week as well as the Thule roof rack base system and Yakima front loading bike racks.
welcome

·
Registered
355 Posts
****... that looks sweet! congrats on the ride!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts